“Excellent location. Good value for money (for London).” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #280 of 1,073 hotels in London
Gloucester, UK
“Excellent location. Good value for money (for London).”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is located on Albert Embankment with views of the Houses of Parliament and near to many of the big sites. It is also very close to Tate Britain just across the water which was where we were headed.
The lobby and entrance hall is very large and impressive - it is a very big hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful when I checked in.
We were in a standard double room on floor 9 which was well kitted out and comfortable. No view but we didn't expect one. Carpet slightly worn in the room but otherwise in good condition.
Couple of tiny problems: I was asked if I wanted to leave my credit card details on arrival so that I could add restaurant bills etc and I opted to pay as we went along. However I discovered when I reached the room that you couldn't get into the fridge unless you had left the credit card details first. Had to return to reception to do this. Once into the fridge, there was a tiny space for your own things and the fridge was computerised so that anything removed was somehow registered (including anything that you had put in). The other minor problem was that our room key deactivated itself twice for no apparent reason which required another return to reception.
Full English breakfast from the buffet was very good.
Overall enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Indeed, we are located near to Tate Modern, as well as within commutable distance to all major London's attractions.

I appreciate your feedback, please rest assured that it has been forwarded to the relevant managers and we will action on it to improve our offering.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Riverbank again in future!

1,948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is really a slightly older and more distant version of the wonderful Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. Consequently it tends to be priced accordingly and that makes it excellent value for money if you don't mind being a little further from the city centre. I stayed in the week room only for £106 and was upgraded as a Club Carlson member to a very nice and spacious suite. Everything in the room was clean, neat & tidy as I have come to expect from this hotel brand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations on this occassion.

I hope to see you again very soon!

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I made a last minute booking to grab a good nights sleep before important meetings the next day in London. At £219 excl breakfast this was expensive and I was told that this was a 4/5 star hotel.

I did not sleep at all due to extremely loud train noise just outside my bedroom window, It appeared that a train was passing every 50 seconds reducing to every 5 minutes in the small hours puntuated with the occasional train horn. It was a disaster and when I requested a room change the manager advised that the hotel was fully booked and next time they would try and do better and put me on the other side of the hotel.

This hotel is clearly 2 to 3 stars and should never have been built right next to the main line from Waterloo station.

IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP THEN DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel in the Vauxhall area of London. It is just 5 minutes walk from Vauxhall tube station.

The hotel is modern, clean, comfortable and welcoming. You are met by a doorman and concierge assist with your luggage. Nice touches.

We usually stay in a standard room which is fine, but this time we stayed in a Riverview Suite which was awesome. The living room was very large with a settee, desk and sideboard along with a mini bar, DVD player and large flat screen TV. The bathroom was wonderful with a great shower and Elemis toiletries and bathrobes/slippers.

The bedroom had a large comfortable bed, ample wardrobe space and a DVD player and large TV.

The view out of the windows was lovely. It looked out over the Thames, Big Ben, The London Eye and many other great buildings and landmarks. I could have sat and whiled the day away just looking at the view.

We had breakfast in the Chino Latino restaurant and this was great. Buffet style continental selection and juices along with a hot breakfast choice from the menu freshly cooked for you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
York, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staff went put of way o make our stay brilliant. Made sisters birthday special with cakes, wine, cards and balloons. Excellent location lovely walk along embankment to the centre. Spotlessly clean hotel. Excellent breakfast. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

It is with pleasure that I read how much you and your sister enjoyed your stay at Park Plaza Riverbank.

I hope we will get the chance to be your hosts upon your next visit to London!

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel faces Millbank Tower and, further round the river, Tate Gallery but these are on the north side of the river and the hotel is on the south side. This is not a tourist-suitable location and as a consequence prices can be lower than at the Park Plaza's more tourist-friendly locations by Westminster Bridge.

That said, this is a smart hotel with spacious rooms. We had 906 with large bed and walk in shower in large bathroom.

The Chino restaurant serves Asian style food in classy surroundings.

Well worth a look if you are in London more for business or for longer than a short tourist stopover

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed, Park Plaza Riverbank is located in a quieter part of Central London, however within very short distance from all major attractions, and with excellent transport links.

I should hope to welcome you again soon - be in on business or for leisure!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend. To be fair the room was nice particularly the bathroom. Check in was initially good. I was told that my two seperate bookings were now together and i could stay in the one room. i swiped my card. And facilities were released in room. I went out and came back in. The key was not working. I had to come back down from 7th floor to the Spanish Inquisition. The next day I got up and went to do some sightseeing. When I got back I had been checked out. My door was locked. They had not in fact managed to marry the bookings up. I went downstairs. I was told it would all be fixed by the time I returned. When I went into the room the mini bar was locked and I could not order the room service I wanted as there was. No card swipe. I had of course already done that! I went back down again and was told it would be sorted. When I left that evening the mini bar was still not operational and I wanted breakfast the next morning. I took the breakfast order downstairs as I was worried the lack of a card swipe might mean it wouldn't get delivered. I explained all the problems again and I got an apology but I was then told they could not take the breakfast card as it had to be hung on the door! They sent me back upstairs with it! The next morning the mini bar was still not working and I had given up hope/ I then got a nice wake up call from the cleaning staff to ask me when I would Be vacating my room! Exactly 45 mins later I got a further knock at the door and this time it was her manager... He asked me when I would be leaving my room. I wouldn't mind but it was 1045 and my breakfast had not even been delivered as it was due at 11. I felt pressurised to leave so left and complained at reception. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!