“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #364 of 1,052 Hotels in London
northern italy
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been there during WTM and had a great stay. Nice location, well designed hotel, very good breakfast and a nice bar. London eye is just around the corner. London tube station just
6 walking minutes away

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us your preferred Hotel in London for the duration of that remarkable event and we are happy to read you had a pleasant stay.

We also very much appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sheffield UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've stayed here twice recently and the staff were great both times. Very professional , friendly and welcoming. First time I had room service and it was pretty poor but following my feedback the manager upgraded me for my next stay to a fabulous exec room and the room service was much better. Thanks to M. Hille! Rooms are spotless, spacious, good tv, nice products in the bathroom. Showers v powerful. Views (if you get a river view) are fantastic. You can walk to the Westminster and the Houses of Parliament in around10 minutes. Breakfast - good selection, my only gripe is that the fried eggs leave something to be desired. Otherwise, good selection. Room service is swift , but note that they charge 12% service on that.

Room Tip: High floor and facing the river - fab views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us.

I read with great pleasure that after a previous unfortunate experience, you have given us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in to your eyes and show you the true Park Plaza Riverbank hospitality. I am also glad to learn that part of my team helped to create this positive experience and I will personally congratulate him.

We really look forward to welcome you many more times in the future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as I was attending a function at the hotel, admittedly I was not paying for it (luckily), but quite frankly I found it very average and not very welcoming. Maybe it was because the hotel was busy at the time but the staff seem to have had trouble understanding me as they were from somewhere in Europe and I was from London, very strange! Having to repeat and spell you name to the reception staff in your own country was a novel experience as was the fact the light in the wardrobe that wouldn't go out, even with the door closed! One thing I did notice was the small corridors and this distinctly reminded me of a Premier Inn layout, the only difference being a hundred quid a night, sorry pounds per night. The room had no view but their again my hopes weren't very high after the booking in experience, it was supposed to be an executive room, it was OK nothing exceptional which made me think what the standard room may look like! As for being a central location, this I find strange as it's at least a 10 minute walk to Vauxhall Station and about 15 minutes walk to Waterloo, which reminds me of the fact that there are two sister hotels right on top of Waterloo Station which makes them even more of a central location. The hotel really is stuck out on a limb with nothing much around it so a good brisk walk is required to find anything interesting apart from Lambeth Palace (not open to the public) or the Imperial War Museum but either way you either walk a while or get a cab or bus to find any sign of life located on the other side of the River Thames, central it ain't, not if you want the West End, shops and the theatre. Oh and let me not forget the fact that we had to wait a while to get our breakfast because the room in which it is served looks as though it was designed for a much smaller hotel, maybe an architects after thought! Overall not a very pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Obviously if your new to London try and get a room with a view!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review online following your stay with us.

Please note that I read your comments with great concern as the welcome experience is part of the training all our associates receive. I was very sorry to read that we fell short on it as well as living up to the expectations with the upgraded Executive room. I will be sharing this feedback with the rest of the Management for review and action.

In regards to the location and surroundings we are situated between Vauxhall and Waterloo stations as you mentioned. I hope you will be giving us a second opportunity and should you decide to do so, please do contact our Concierge department who will be happy to describe the different entertainment options nearby or easy transport options to other parts of London.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this via lasminute.com, secret hotel.It is five minutes from Vauxhall tube and bus station. We booked for one night , when we arrived we asked for a room with a good view. The lovely Laura managed to swing it so we had a room on the 9th floor with a view of Big Ben, Westminster etc etc. Fantastic view day and night. The room was spacious and sumptuous, white linen, black furniture, very clean and roomy bathroom with a bath and a shower. The bed was REALLY comfortable. As always the minibar is to be avoided - but that's all hotels right? Very nice wash gear in the bathroom, extra pillows if you needed them and free internet. We even got some chocolates and an offer to turn our bed down. The staff were very friendly and helpful, all staff. We didn't use the bar or restaurant so I haven't been able to comment on them. The other good feature was an ice machine on each floor. Only one moan, the room was really warm and although there were controls for air con, it would only give out warm air. Apparently the hotel hasn't upgraded its heating system so it can only give out warm in the winter and cold in the summer. Too loud of course to open the window! We would use this hotel again if we were going to stay in London, highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: We had a room facing East, quite magical at night.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

In regards to the room temperature, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff on a future visit and we will look into all the possibilities to create a comfortable environment inside the room.

We are glad to learn however that we could fulfil your request for the occasion and you found the room and the service of our staff up to the high standards we aim to deliver.

We hope to welcome you again and we look forward to doing it very soon.

Kindest regards,
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Loved this place! Our second stay and didn't disappoint.Our room was train side 9th floor but had no problem with noise due to double x 2 glazing !Excellent facilities, shower and bath and I love the way they give you space in the fridge,instead of questioning your movement of items!!! Great bar for people watching, breakfast good and meal in Brasserie amazing! Staff all very pleasant will return !

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay in Park Plaza Riverbank London.

We are thrilled to read such positive notes about the Hotel facilities and staff, being able to enhance your overall experience with us continuously meeting and exceeding your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit hopefully very soon.

Horsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Booked this hotel as a last minute deal so the price was a bargain.
Upon arrival I checked in...the reception staff were very attentive and smart. I was upgraded to a suite as they knew I'd stayed with the chain before.
The room was fantastic, it was a living area and then a bedroom both of which were immaculately deco recited and not a spec of dust anywhere. The bathroom was beautiful with top class toiletries, bathrobes and slippers.
The bed was large, comfortable and with a choice of 3 different pillows.
The breakfast was outstanding. A full choice of continental and/or cooked. It was a huge choice of everything an was a buffet style although tea and coffee was served by waiters.
Check out was easy, quick and staff were outstanding and polite.
I recommend this hotel 10/10 no faults at all.
I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Suite 212 was beautiful, large and spacious.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience after your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments and we are glad to read that the room and the overall facilities lived up to your needs and expectations. Also it is great to learn that the service provided by our staff was up to the standards we strive to provide.

Looking forward to welcome you back when you next visit the area.

Kind regards,
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!