“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #402 of 1,058 Hotels in London
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

the view from our room was of a scaffolding when I was told we would have a view of the river! Woke up at 7am with the builders noise, trays of room service food were left along the corridor with the smell of the food coming into the room. Kettle with only ONE mug when there was two of us. Bed was very hard. Builders were virtually looking into our room! I told the receptionist when we checked out how disappointed I was and her lack of response showed she really didn't care. To top it off, English breakfast was £21 each!! Won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I arrived to the park plaza riverbank after an extremely long day at the office and all i wanted to do was have a beer and go to bed! since the company had payed for my hotel wasn't really expecting much and had never stayed in a park plaza before.
On arrival i was greeted by a extremely enthusiastic and helpful gentleman from Yorkshire (where i am also originally from) named Ben. He is a credit to your team and Despite it being late at night he provided me with a fantastic room and even let the concierge take my bags straight up to my room so that i could go straight to the bar for a beer which i thought was a nice touch!
The room itself had a fantastic view over the Thames and Big Ben, However i only stayed for the one night and was up early the next morning to go to work so i didn't have too much time to enjoy the room.
The breakfast in the morning wasn't he best id ever had but it was filling and hot and the staff were all very friendly.
Check out was quick, smooth and efficient and was done by non other than Ben again! The poor lad had been working all night! but despite that he was still very friendly and asked about my stay.

Overall Im sorry i only stayed in the hotel for such a short period of time and i will definitely be returning with wife at some point as the staff and those Riverview rooms are fantastic!!

Stayed January 2016
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked hotel as base for a London weekend treat for friends birthday. Perfect location and so helpful. Arrived at 10.30 on saturday morning and the reception went out of their way to locate rooms that had been released from housekeeping so we could check in early, we only wanted to leave luggage until returning later so that gave us so much more time. Room was very clean and comfortable but not river view. We were upgraded on Sunday to the club breakfast room so that we didnt have to wait and food was v.good. Found car park round corner under the Novatel in Lambeth road costing only £30 for weekend so all perfect!

Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been visiting the Park Plaza Riverbank for over 5 years and have stayed alone and with my husband between 20-25 times in this time.

Generally we enjoy our stay- the rooms are nice, the riverside rooms have a great view, the breakfasts are lovely and the bar has a great atmosphere.

The last couple of times I have stayed, I've been with my husband but this week's stay I was alone and it was horrific. Outside the hotel, on both sides, is extensive building work with a huge amount of labourers on both sides. On every occasion when I the hotel, either to go to meetings or even to go to the local shop, I was harassed by the builders - either with catcalling or loudly talking amongst each other about what they'd 'like to do' to me. On occasion, one builder called over four of his friends so they could stand in a row in front of me and stare at me as I walked past. I was hugely intimidating and humiliating.

To make matters even worse, I was given a room directly facing the building site , meaning they could see directly into my room so I spent my entire time with the curtains closed and feeling uncomfortable.

I'm incredibly upset by the situation - I'm far from a wall flower but felt so shaken by it all that I couldn't even bring myself to complain at checkout.

Stayed February 2016, traveled solo