“Perfect boutique hotel for shopping in London” 4 of 5 stars

Charlotte Street Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15-17 Charlotte Street, London W1T 1RJ, England   |
Ranked #12 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London
“Perfect boutique hotel for shopping in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed in a loft suite (very nice) for a night out with my wife and then dined across the road at Pied a Terre (great food). The room was great and the service first class - really quick turnaround on getting a shirt pressed, free bottle of champagne waiting for us (we were celebrating an anniversary) etc etc.

I have also used this hotel in the past several times for business meetings and found it to be excellent - very professional staff and good service.

Great contemporary decor throughout the hotel. Good bar and restaurant too - my only complaint is that the service at breakfast was very slow, but it was Saturday morning so not a big deal.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I stayed with my family and boyfriend at the Charlotte street Hotel for one night on my 21st birthday this year. From the moment we checked in we were treated like the most special guests they had had. Our dinner reservation at Roka on the same street had been unexpectedly cancelled due to them having a fire, and within minutes the hotel got us a reservation at Zuma, the sister restaurant. Once we were in our rooms there was a knock at the door and a member of staff came in with a tray of champagne and strawberries with a card saying happy birthday from them! The rest of the stay was more of the same outstanding treatment, from the private screening room with a cupcake waiting for me to breakfast in the Oscar bar. I can't wait for the next trip to London special enough to warrant staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

Entertained customers starting at 12.00 with champagne at the bar then moved to a table across the room where some decent food was served along with wine from a helpful waiter. I expected a long lunch which never failed to deliver. Atmosphere fabulous from beginning to end which I'm almost ashamed to admit was around 21:00. This is one of "the" places to be right now. I can't gaurantee you celebs alongside you (although that might happen), but you will definetly find like minded people enjoying themselves, whatever the hour. If you are looking for a bar/restaurant theat never sleeps and isnt "up itslelf", this is the one. By the way I sayed a couple of times in the past and at £350 a night its pricey. The rooms are chic but can be small. I never made it into a suite but liked my small room. Sister hotel (undeservedly less popular) is less than 300 metres away - check out the Soho Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ballymena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Amazing service other than one numpty concierge failing to listen to what I was telling him and requiring me to repeat myself three times. Great room, but at the price I paid I'd have expected amazing. I'll prob stick to the Soho in future.

• Stayed December 2010
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is my second time staying the the Charlotte Street hotel, Staff lovely, check in was quick. mince pies were lovely ! Thanks..... Room was lovely but much smaller than the last time and overlooking buildings and a side lane... we can't all have a front room i suppose !.

Breakfast was superb again
The only think I didn't like was the ' pleasure kit - adult only' for sale in the minibar in the room.... think this is too classy of a hotel to offer this sort of rubbish for sale in the room. Surely clients who 'forget or run short or get lucky' can ring the concerige if they require that sort of thing.... really lowers the tone of the hotel. In saying that, it certainly provided a topic of converation for dinner with friends that night.

I would go back like a shot to this hotel though.... perhaps Anna ( Hotel manager) might rethink the minibar area stock though :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is a great boutique hotel in a central location - easy to walk to everything and in the middle of 2 tube stops.

The rooms are lovely - big, with generous beds, quality linens and a luxurious bathroom.

Staff are very helpful and the service is top level.

Quality of the food in the restaurant is excellent.

The only complaint is that it would be lovely to be able to make a cup of tea in the room - you can order one from room service but at 4GBP a time it becomes expensive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Since my first visit this year, I have been to their Restaurant and Bar at least in 4 different occasions. The place is unbelievable busy, well at least during my visits and all staff has been always professional and friendly. To be honest I do not understand how can people could have a bad experience in such cool place... It must be a sort of "wrong people" in a good place. My friends and I are crazy for their cocktails which I have to say that are the BEST in London. I would definitely come back and recommend this amazing place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Charlotte Street Hotel? Share your experiences!