We booked this hotel, some time ago, on the internet for a very good price - this is why I have given it 3 stars. The hotel itself for facilities and service only warrants 2.
For some reason which was never explained we were allocated a disabled room - thankfully both my husband and I are fit and healthy. Anyway the room was basic to say the least, the carpet was badly stained, the bed was a very small double and the wardrobe had no doors (perhaps this is standard in an express hotel, we normally use the standard Holiday Inns). We were also surprised to find that there were no toiletries supplied - only a practically empty soap dispenser on the wall. The toilet failed to flush - the handle just flopped around uselessly. It was "repaired" twice after we reported it only to fail again as soon as it was used. We ended up using the public toilet downstairs! Thankfully we only stayed one night.
Breakfast was also nothing special - the only hot food available was scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans. There was also very little fruit - only bananas. Having said that, the food was well cooked and hot and quite acceptable, just unimaginative.
We are Priority Club members and use Holiday Inns regularly. It is usual to receive a free newspaper delivered to the room everywhere else - it didn't happen here.
All in all we were unimpressed with this hotel and would not use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich, the closest hotel to the O2 Arena. You can see the O2 Arena and the sparkling lights of Canary Wharf's high-rise offices reflected on the River Thames from our modern hotel. Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich is conveniently located just off the A102 and 15 minutes by car from London City Airport. Stroll to the nearby O2 Arena for sports events and big-name concerts or catch an Underground train into central London from North Greenwich station, 10 minutes' walk away. Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich is a handy base for business, 15 minutes' drive from exhibitions and conferences at ExCeL. We have plenty of parking space and a self-service Business Centre open 24 hours. Host a workshop for up to 35 people in one of our 2 modern meeting rooms. Underground trains from North Greenwich station speed you to central London sights like majestic Buckingham Palace. Stay local to set your watch at Greenwich's hill-top Royal Observatory. Children under 18 stay free in our family rooms, making us a good-value choice. Help yourself at the complimentary hot breakfast buffet in Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich's bright Great Room. Choose from our range of bar meals and mingle over drinks in the Lobby bar. Free Wi-Fi available throughout. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich England