We'd booked this for a mid-week concert break (Robbie Williams - Excellent!) at Wembley Stadium and it's just one stop away on the tube, so well located if going there and not really far from anywhere back into the City.
Fantastic service, clean room and reasonable value for the location. Loads of places to eat nearby and just a few hundred yards from the underground (Finchley Road). Great little shop (Tiger) is worth a visit and for a late night (post concert/game) snack or quick eat, the low priced chicken place is actually not bad if all you want is chicken in a bun/chips etc.
Inclusive breakfast was good with a decent range - had better, but more than enough hot & cold to fill you up for a day in town.
The downside of the hotel is the noise from the main road at the front (according to other reviews), but we had a very quiet room overlooking the car-park at the back and up on the top (6th) floor and slept like logs - so it's worth asking for a room without a view when you book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the enjoyment of a warm welcome & benefit from convenient location at the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage – 7 minutes from central London.This newly renovated, contemporary hotel, has excellent transport links being adjacent to Finchley Road Tube station. Finchley Road & Frognal overground station is also only 3 mins walk from the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage. National Express coaches serving Stansted & Luton stop directly outside the hotel. Enjoy sightseeing & the culture London has to offer by hopping on an 82, 113 or 13 Routemaster bus.Attentive, friendly & multi-lingual staff are waiting to welcome you 24 hours a day to make you feel comfortable and at home by providing you with information about the local area & beyond.Begin & end your day in friendly, sociable surroundings - Start your day with our compliments with free Continental Breakfast & a selection of hot items from the buffet.Relax & unwind after a day’s business or sightseeing in our Cocktail Lounge by enjoying a leisurely drink or one of our speciality hot beverages.42" plasma screens keep you up to date with current affairs and sporting events.Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage has one naturally lit, fully air-conditioned meeting perfect for business meetings for up to 25 people. Our lobby area with wireless internet serves as a break out area for lunches and offers secluded areas suitable for private meetings.The Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is two train stops from Lord’s Cricket Ground, 4 stops from the West End, Theatreland & central London. It is one train stop from Wembley and with excellent transport links, Westfield (White City & Stratford), Earls Court, Heathrow Airport, Hampstead, Camden Market, Kings Cross St Pancras (Eurostar) and Euston are all in easy reach.When travelling by car, the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is conveniently located outside the congestion zone. Our hotel has limited on site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage England