I was visiting London for one week in the beginning of December and stayed at Generator Hostel during my stay. The overall atmosphere is very youthful and vibrant. The people at the hostel were very nice, both employees as well as thr customers. Felt very safe during my whole stay.
The only criticism for Generator concerns the temperature and the toilets. I lived in the fifth floor and at least there the rooms and the corridors were absolutely FREEZING. The temperature inside was around +15°C. The radiator in the room didn't give that much heat and the windows gave in a lot of cold air inside. Because of the cold I'm now having worst flu EVER after returning back home.
The toilet/bathroom in fifth floor was also freezing. Showering in the fifth floor wasn't a pleasant experience so I decided to use the one in fourth. The toilets were also all the time jammed with no actually a possibility to use either the toilet in the fourth or the men's...
And yes, you should prepare to live with the opposite sex in the same room! For me, I was the only girl in our 4-bed bedroom which was a bit intimidating a bit at first. However, the roommates were supercool so no hazzle caused.
The good sides were the following:
- wifi worked all around the house with no problems whatsoever
- lots of power sockets everywhere to charge up your phone
- nice and neat social spaces (cafe, restaurant, bar, movie room)
- ultimately cool interior design!
- hostel had guards 24/7 ensuring that only appropriate persons get in
- personal lock-up boxes to the bathrooms so that you can leave your personal belongings there while you are showering
- small lights for each bed - now there was only the light on the roof which cannot be used if you're living with roommates (and they're sleeping)
- more hangers in the joint rooms
- more proteins for the breakfast
All in all, VERY pleasant experience despite the ultimate cold. I will be back next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Generator London was the very first Generator and you’ll find it in the area of Russell Square in the heart of the West End. It’s the ideal spot to enjoy London from, everything you need to see is minutes away by tube. You’ll never run out of things to do in the UK’s capital. You just have to decide where to start and we can help you with that. When you have seen and done it all for the day head back to Generator and unwind. It’s a destination in its own right and a great place to socialise and reflect on your experiences of the day. Head to the bar and chill out areas to get yourself a well deserved drink or two. It’s lively, friendly and un-missable. We’ve also got great beds for sleepy heads and of course you’ll be enjoying London life in the most authentic surroundings. Choose from a great selection of rooms, from Dorms, to Quads, to Private rooms with innovative mod cons. Fast and free Wi-Fi is all yours too. To get the most out of your stay visit the travel shop and our city experts will help you devise an itinerary that will take you to all the hidden treasures this dynamic city has to offer. You’ll have to stay longer to fit it all in but you’ll not need convincing of that. We’ll see you there soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Generator Hostel London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Generator Hostel London Hotel London
- Generator Hostel London England