My sister and I picked this hostel after reading lots of rave reviews, because we wanted to stay in a central location and, yet, have as good of a service and facilities as it is possible with a hostel. We stayed at a 2-bed ensuite, deciding to pay more for a more comfortable stay (we traveled through UK on a budget, and London was our final destination). The room was large and the shower was great (although you had to let the water run for a few minutes to get it hot). The staff was very nice and helpful, the cafe was great with very good food, terrific English Breakfast and inexpensive beer! Unfortunately, we found out that without a few pints of either beer or cider it was completely impossible to get any sleep at all! Our room was on the 2nd floor and, as it turned out, right above the dancefloor area. The music went on until 2 AM very loudly, people were yelling in the corridors, the doors were banging like it was the end of the world (partially, it seems, because of how they were made and not because they were necessarily slammed). The trash was only taken out of the room once- every other time we had to tell the reception to do something about it. The room was very cold. A few times we went to the bar just to find a crowd of drunk teenagers trying desperately to get each-other's attention. Overall, the hostel is a great place if you want to just party and socialize. Probably best for single travelers. But if you want a good night's sleep, it's better to find something else at a better price. For us, unfortunately, our stay wasn't worth the money we payed. On a good note - there's lots of security in the hostel which makes you feel very safe. And they're not just there for fun. They really do make sure that you're safe. And they're very nice and friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Generator London was the very first Generator and you’ll find it in the area of Russell Square in the heart of the West End. It’s the ideal spot to enjoy London from, everything you need to see is minutes away by tube. You’ll never run out of things to do in the UK’s capital. You just have to decide where to start and we can help you with that. When you have seen and done it all for the day head back to Generator and unwind. It’s a destination in its own right and a great place to socialise and reflect on your experiences of the day. Head to the bar and chill out areas to get yourself a well deserved drink or two. It’s lively, friendly and un-missable. We’ve also got great beds for sleepy heads and of course you’ll be enjoying London life in the most authentic surroundings. Choose from a great selection of rooms, from Dorms, to Quads, to Private rooms with innovative mod cons. Fast and free Wi-Fi is all yours too. To get the most out of your stay visit the travel shop and our city experts will help you devise an itinerary that will take you to all the hidden treasures this dynamic city has to offer. You’ll have to stay longer to fit it all in but you’ll not need convincing of that. We’ll see you there soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, LateRooms, HostelWorld, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Generator Hostel London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Generator Hostel London Hotel London
- Generator Hostel London England