“Weekend break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Greenwich

You added Novotel London Greenwich to your Saves list
Novotel London Greenwich
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   173 - 185 Greenwich High Road, London SE108JA , England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #285 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Room is a strange layout. After using the toilet you have to walk to the shower room to wash your hands.
My room was on top of a train/DLR stop. Better glazing would be required for a good night's sleep.
Carpet was disgustingly dirty and the room smelt, I complained and they said 'they would inform maintenance'.
Bed was very uncomfortable. It wasn't a type of mattress I have ever slept on before, felt like the foam out of a motorbike seat.

An example of the service is, I ordered room service; Steak and a bottle of beer, they didn't open the beer.

My stay included breakfast. 2 mornings tea was offered, 3 mornings it wasn't.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the train stop
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cyril V, Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Novotel London Greenwich.
We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in the service you received. I have reviewed the service at our Food and Beverage department .I take full responsibility for any shortfalls in the service of the hotel and I will personally follow up on the feedback you have posted on this website.

If you would like to address these concerns further please contact me as guest feedback is taken seriously so as to continually improve our facilities and services.
I hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Nino Ridlington
Southampton, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We've just returned from an overnight stay here. We were in a superior room so there was a lovely amount of space. However, as the room has been adapted to suit disabled visitors, there was a folding bathroom door with no latch at all - as a couple, even after quite some time together, I still like to at least be able to shut the toilet door, not just have it swinging around!!!
It would appear someone pinched our 'do not disturb' sign from our door handle as we got a rude awakening when the maid knocked and barged in - good job I wasn't on the toilet what with the door not closing!!!!
Very expensive for what it was - although all hotels seemed very expensive due to events/concerts going on - but it did the job!

• Stayed September 2013
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, it great to here that you enjoyed some elements of the hotel but saddens me that we let you down in other areas. Please be assured the team has been reminded to provide a high level of service at all times.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel in Greenwich recently. Very clean hotel with excellent staff and clearly well run. The location is excellent if you have any business in south east London. It is particularly good if you are flying in and out of London City Airport which I did.
The breakfast is buffet style but very good. Plenty of fresh fruit and cereals as well as the usual eggs, bacon, tomatoes etc.
The only reservation I would have is that we were only using the hotel as a sleeping base and for breakfast and I felt the rates were expensive for what we needed. That's not a fault of the hotel, more of our booking policy - we should have been aware that we only needed the basics.
Otherwise you couldn't fault the hotel. Very nice, very clean and nice staff. Room was pleasant too. I would go back there is I had a business trip to London and needed a good base, but not if I only really needed a basic bed and breakfast service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and found it convenient for London.
We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Would like to commend on the very good customer services: I was traveling on biz and on my departure date, I need to go to office in the morning but need to catch a later afternoon flight. Thus I check for the possibility of late check-out. The front desk staff courteously suggested me to leave the luggage at the store room but offer to use the fitness room for changing afterwards. Appreciate much the front desk staff's suggestion that gave a good conclusion to my stay at Greenwich.

Breakfast is included with vast selection, will be ideal if the dishes may change a bit daily, but it's value for money anyway!

• Stayed September 2013
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
I look forward to your next stay.
Kind Regards.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have stayed in Novotel in August as a part of London trip. We were beyond impressed with front desk staff, a long with restaurant & bar employees.
Rooms were descent size (for London and other big city), spotless clean, with very modern bathroom. I appreciated separate toilet and small fridge.
Pretty cool feature of speakers in bathroom, so you can hear TV once doing anything there.
Breakfast was really good, plenty of choice. They have a pretty neat kids corner, with blocks and small toys for younger guests and also flat screen TV with some sort of game console for bigger ones.
We had a fabulous time, so conveniently located in Greenwich, just 20min from London city centre. Right on train line. Close to all restaurants, Greenwich park.
We will be back in heartbeat!!
Many thanks to everyone at Novotel for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here when visiting family in London. Had our 20 month Old little boy with us and on arrival they presented us with a Toy for him to build we he loved. The Rooms were perfectly clean which was important to us as we had the little lad with us. The Restaurant was amazing and the staff really looked after you. Would Highly Recomend staying here. Stopped in some Poor London Hotels in my time but this one is Fantastic !!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I was so delighted that you and your little one had a wonderful stay with us. I was so happy to read that you liked all the little touches we provide for Our Little Beloved Guests and I have passed on your very kind words to my great team here.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Cyril VOURC'H-PAPON

Been to Novotel London Greenwich? Share your experiences!