I paid a great deal of money to stay in a closet. The closet was probably charming in its day, and there was an old fireplace there, but everything is so misleading, even the address. First, the taxi driver had trouble finding it, then, having been dropped off with my luggage, I discovered that the check-in area was way down the block. I am very grateful I didn't arrive on a dark, rainy night! The front desk doesn't seem terribly well organized, but they were friendly. Then I got to my closet. The bathroom they advertised was smaller than anything you would find in a camper. It was, essentially, a shower stall with a toilet. One lamp and the telephone didn't work. The window was street level and I couldn't open it myself anyway, so I went begging for a fan since it was a warm night. I got a very small one, but was grateful for that. But the bed was the worst. It was two cots pushed together, turned 90 degrees, with an old, broken down mattress put over them. Extremely uncomfortable. Happily, I was alone and could sleep somewhat sideways.
On the plus side, Victoria Station and the Greenline Coach station were within very easy walking distance, and the room was clean and nicely appointed with hair dryer, tv, and iron and ironing board.
On more of the minus side, they didn't provide you with a single document explaining how to use the lights (!), tv, telephone, or wifi (available free in the lounge.) I complained twice about the bed, but got nowhere, and I NEVER complain...I just never return. I thought they might at least comp me my drink out of embarrassment, but they didn't even offer. I paid a ridiculously high amount because I needed a hotel in that particular area on that particular date, but I still feel as though I have been robbed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eaton Square Hotel offers boutique styled contemporary and guest accommodations in central London. Situated in the Belgravia in the heart of central London, the hotel is well located for many of London's top attractions.The Eaton Square Hotel is a perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers to London with excellent transport links to all parts of the great city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eaton Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belgravia Mews Hotel London
- Eaton Square Hotel London, England