“Nice Hotel, Brill location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elysee Hotel

Save Saved
You added Elysee Hotel to your Saves list
Elysee Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25-26 Craven Terrace | Hyde Park, London W2 3EL , England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #535 of 1,073 hotels in London
Andover, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel, Brill location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for my 2 day visit to London, the hotel was easy to find, in a great location right next to Hyde Park and the Lancaster gate tube stop, the staff were friendly, the room was nice and comfortable and the price was really good for staying in London. Only thing I wasn't keen on was the breakfast as the croissant I picked up was starting to mould so put me off eating anything else, however my boyfriend ate the fried breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it and it wouldnt put me off staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
margaret d, Front Office Manager at Elysee Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are please that you enjoyed the stay at the hotel. The hotel as just started to provide English breakfast, which we note your brother enjoyed. The croissants are delivered fresh every morning and left overs discarded daily. The breakfast Staff have been instructed to be more vigilant and scrutinise croissants on delivery and display to ensure your experience is not repeated.
We always appreciate guest feedback so that we can further improve quality and service.
Thank You.
Margaret

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent service, the guy at the front desk Dilip was very friendly and helpful. He had lots of information about the city's attractions. When we ordered a taxi for departing he even went to see our luggage to make sure it will fit on the car!!. Great location, next to hyde park and one block from Big bus hop in hop off bus!!!. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

My mother and I spent a week here. In particular, we were very impressed with the staff, especially Dilip Kumar. He went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of! He had our room cleaned upon our early arrival, helped me with my mobile phone, gave great advice about where to visit in the city and made arrangements for transportation to the airport! He did all of this with a very caring manner and a smile. We truly appreciate his kindness & wonderful service!

The hotel is in a great location. The Mitre pub right across the street was a favorite place we visited a number of times.

Our room was small but we made it work,
Would not recommend our room & shower for large people.

Bring your own hair dryer. The one in the room is hard to operate

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I was in this hotel 3days. Overall I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The rooms are really small but atleast service is excellent. People are soo helpfull, that not in lot of places u getting this high customer service as in here. from reception, breakfast and hotel service!! am really pleased and I would defo recommend that hotel to my friends and family. Best regards thorne

• Stayed December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at the Elysee hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was extremely clean and bed was very comfortable. The tea making facility was a bonus.
The breakfast was a superior continental more like English breakfast without sausages.for only £5 per head. The coffee was excellent. They have a bar which is ideal to relax although you had to ask the reception for service. The room we stayed in was not too large but comfortable.

The location is excellent Hyde Park is 2 minutes walk and there are lots of shops and restaurants on the street.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will always stay there whenever in London.
By the way the staff were superb.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel as part of a London theater break.
I am puzzled at some recent reviews of the hotel.
The rooms were clean and had all the facilities required, tea/coffee, in room safe, hairdryer. Clean towels were provided daily
Staff were friendly and helpful and there were no issues at all.
Breakfast whilst advertised as continental was a lot more (eg scrambled eggs, beans). The location cannot be faulted .

Overall a very pleasant stay and will definitely be back

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, specially the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Elysee Hotel? Share your experiences!