“You get what you pay for ! It does exactly what is says on the tin. !!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chelsea House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chelsea House Hotel to your Saves list
Chelsea House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   96 Redcliffe Gardens | Earls Court, London SW10 9HH , England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #337 of 513 London B&B and Inns
Bracknell, UK
“You get what you pay for ! It does exactly what is says on the tin. !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a Girly weekend away. After reading previous reviews I was worried sick ! The hotel is clean, tidy, the beds were fine and the bathroom was new and clean. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the location was brilliant !! For the price you pay you can't really go wrong!! If you want the Ritz then stay at the Ritz!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went to London for a 4 Day trip in November.
The place we booked seemed cheap and in a good location.Nearby a Subway station (Earls Court).
We arrived Monday early morning(10AM) when we first entered the Hotel it looked OK so far-so we left our luggage and went out for our first London experience.
After a long day we returned something around 9PM to the Hotel.
The doorman gave us the check in Papers and the key to our room-but first we had to pay the complete Bill-before we even saw the room......
I paid with my Master card and we went one level up to our room.

The main Stairway looked old and needed a renovation-but OK we didn´t pay that much so we moved on.
The first look in the room was .....oh well not to good.No fridge like they promised,but a damaged cabinet and a not working heater-it was friggin cold in there-I was told that the heating system starts working later.....how nice! The room has been on the frontside of the Hotel-near to a main road which was very loud.
When my Girlfriend was taking a shower the shower slide bar fell down into the Tray-it was broken but it looked like nobody really cared about it -.-
We where tired so we didn´t care about anything and fell asleep.
The next morning we went down to get our breakfast-well its the most important meal of the day .....
This was so dissapointing to us!
This Hotel offered a CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST -and we get:2 Pieces of toast,Strawberry Marmelade,Butter,Korn Flakes tea and -really bad-Coffee. Whats so hard in offering a little bit more-more bread or cheese or I don´t know-it all doesn´t cost that much!!!
It looked like thoose guys didn´t really care about us after they got our money.
Well when we´re talking about money.......On day four of our travell I tried to pay The entry to London Tower with my credit card........It doesn´t work-so I called my bank in Germany to ask what happend.
I was told that they found some suspicious money transactions on my Card and so they blocked it.
Someone had tried to pay some Internet payments with my Card-the only place I used the card has been the Hotel-and i remebered myself that the doorman who took my payment was looking a long time on my card -telling me he was checking the signature.All payments that´ve been tried where in Pound sterling-So it was someone from Britain.
We´re from Germany ,and i nearly never use this card -and 1 day after I payed in Chelsea House somone tried to abuse my Kreditcard details.......

Last but not least-we left this awesome place at 5 in the morning-the front door was unlocked-everybody was able to enter/leave the Hotel without a check-the doorman I gave our key that morning was sleeping behind closed doors!

incredible

Loud c

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Myself and 2 mates stayed for 3 nights over the weekend 6th-9th of July in a tripple room, well the room was on the top floor, the stairs aint for the faint hearted either !, it was a doubble room, with a tiny single bed pushed into the cornor of the room. The single bed was very uncomfortable and if you turned over, you would fall out of it ! The double bed was big and with the single bed, there was very little space in the room. The ensuite was tiny and not adequate for the size of the room, the soap provided left a sheen on ur hands and was manky to be honest. the towels were changed only one day out of 3 and the beds were made the same amount, and sheets not changed.
The guy on reception when we checked in was friendly and accomadating, the breakfast was over at 9.30am and was minimal, 2 slices of toast, ceral and coffee/tea. The dining room was tiny and you were pretty much on top of each other while trying to eat.
There was scaffolding work going on when we were there, didnt hear anything because we were in the back of the guest house, thank god we wernt in the font of the house. Also, you couldnt call this a hotel, its a b&b at best, cheep and you get what you pay for.
On our last night, as the sugar, coffee was not repleneshed in the room, we asked for some sugat and coffe, the miserable guy on reception, on the Sunday, gave us out a saucer with a mean amount of sugar and coffee sachets !
Would not recomment this or stay here again.
The location was fine, 5 mins walk frm the tube, shops and fast food outlets near by. About 15 mins on the tube into Piccadilly Circus.
Love london and it was World Pride weekend so had a great weekend, but the 'hotel' was crap lol, stay clear !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Run by a rude family who's only interest seems to be in getting your money and getting you out. I was there for 5 days, at 10:55 am they came knocking on my door telling me it's time to check out. When I asked for 15 minutes to finish packing, they started rapping again ten minutes later.

There are much better value options, even in London.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Espinho, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

this is the kind of hotel that you get for what you pay.
Don't expect great decoration or great room or bathrooms.
Good for one night stand

Room Tip: tka one in the back of the building the front has a lot of traffic and noise can be an issue
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Terrible, would not recommend this hotel whatsoever. We were put in a very bottom floor below ground level, it was dark, and totally unwelcoming. Our wardrobe in the room had a handle missing, displaying two very sharp long screws. The walls were disgusting and the paper was falling off. There was a wonky rusty old fridge which was not clean enough to store anything in. The whole place was very unwelcoming, it was that bad that we couldn't stay. We spent an hour in there before having to book a room at a different hotel because of how unwelcoming and filthy it was. Absolutely terrible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

myself and my girlfriend stayed here second may for a night,after a rather hastily planned trip to the capital to watch my beloved chelsea fc.the hotel is in walking distance of the ground wich is all we wanted it for.the room was basic but clean all we used it for was to change shower and sleep.we had to much fun planned to spend all our time finding fault with the place.what do you expect for sixty pound a nite in a two star establishment.the staff were polite and the place was clean.thats all that mattered to us.if you want luxury go somewhere on park lane.if you want a cheap place to stay then id recommend this plaae.i would have no issue returning here on our next trip down!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Chelsea House Hotel? Share your experiences!