“not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Langland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Langland Hotel
You added Langland Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 - 31 Gower Street, London W1CE 6HG, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #1,017 of 1,065 Hotels in London
ross-on-wye
“not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

29 or 30 rooms and not even ten tables for breakfast !!! 3 couples were sat on the stairs waiting for others to finish their breakfast , complained to man on desk who tried to make excuses eg everyone had come down at the same time for breakfast , just unbelievable , also no lift ,not so good if your on the third floor as we were ,very noisy road not much sleep , poor hospitality and communication skills on reception and appear as if they really cant be bothered , however,the only good points were that the bed was clean and ideal location for theatres ...wouldnt go back or recommend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I will keep this review short: This is by far the most appalling hotel I have ever booked into. The other hotel I had booked, had due to human error over booked so I checked in here as it was nearby. I took one look at the room and left straight away. It was filthy, dark, dingy and horrible. I have stayed in various classes of hotels, Hostels and B&B's across the world but I have to say this tops the worst of the worse.
Having only been in the room less than 2 minutes, I refused to stay and checked in somewhere else, upon return home I learned that the hotel actually charged my card for it. I rang and emailed numerous times but no manager/owner was ever available. I went through the various London tourism, consumer agencies etc to no avail. I ended up settling it with my credit card company but the experience has left me disgusted.
If you value yourself, your loved ones or friends sleep on a bench in Hyde Park before even attempting to book this place.
Their website tagline is a laughable: "Your comfort and a pleasant stay is our goal". If that was the case, they'd close their own premises.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My company made the very big mistake of booking this hotel last year without reviewing it first.
I was traveling alone and arrived late at night, the man at reception spoke poor English and was very unhelpful and looked like he couldn’t be bothered, my room was on the third flood and this is no lift, he watched me struggle to drag my suitcase up all three floors.

I had a single room for two nights that was dirty and smelly, the lock on the door was very flimsy and already looked like it had forced open before (see pictures). The bed was uncomfortable, luckily I didn’t get any bites and I was constantly disturbed be the sound of many loud drunk men in the corridors, half way through the night I was very scared and move my bed in front of the door to make it feel safer.

After I checked out I asked was there anywhere I could wait for my taxi, they showed me to the ‘’living room’’ which was disgusting. The furniture was an inch thick in dust, the carpet once red was now brown, worn with sticky patches and the chair was damp.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
southport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Who-ever you are, whyever you are going to London, where-ever you are coming from. DON'T STAY AT THIS PLACE. It is truly awful! Torture yourself in some other more humane way if you must, perhaps by skinning youreself alive and pouring boiling fat over yourself.

Room Tip: Find a proper hotel nearby, pay a bit more (£30 per night), and stay in a room that is actually fit...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Last year 2 friends and I decided to have a weekend get together in London and I'd been meaning to review this ever since.

When my friend got their the guy on reception actually made a pass at her and grabbed her hand when he gave her the room key. She was on edge until we arrived and told us how sleezy he was coming on to her.

The room - a triple was tiny - one double bed with no room on either side of it against the back wall and a single. We had to climb over the single to get to the double. The rooms stunk and the hotel had a strong smell of animal fat/ lard.

We had a shared bathroom, two floors down. The bathroom was occupied almost everytime we went to use it and one of us got up in the night to use the bathroom to find some very dodgey looking guys hanging around on the stair case outside the bathroom door.

The generally decor was run down, shoddy and frankly gross. I've honestly stayed in better hotels in the 3rd world.

We couldn't get away quick enough. I wouldn't stay another night even if I was paid to! there are other hotels in the same price bracket in central London, that are ensuite, clean and safe. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if someone had complained about being jumped on or attacked during the night using the bathroom. REALLY BAD!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

much to our regret we had booked without first consulting tripadvisor. so, we arrived very nervous, especially nervous that there would be bed bugs. Thank God, no bed bugs. at least not in our room which was on the ground floor. We could however only sleep with ear plugs because the noise from the traffic and the sink was very loud. they have free wifi, but we both experienced that our email accounts have been hacked during our stay. It was the smallest ever double bed. breakfast was okay. room very small. bathroom on ground floor was always terribly cold, floors of bathrooms were extremely slippery when wet, because you are only given ONE towel per person, so no bathmath or such like to soak up the water from the floor. the only thing the hotel has going for it is its excellent location, but we would under no circumstances recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. stanfard worse than hostel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had booked an apt. but my 81 year old couldn't get up the stairs, so we found this down the block. They quoted us 120 pounds, but said if we stayed longer, it would go down to 110 pounds. After paying for 2 nights they then told me it was 125 for 3 nights and 135 for the last two nights! What! And it was so gross! But we didn't have a choice as London was all full. There are some nicer B & B's on Gower up the street...I did like the location for the buses. Hope this helps.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Langland Hotel? Share your experiences!