“Good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garden View Hotel

You added Garden View Hotel to your Saves list
Garden View Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29-31 Nevern Square, London SW5 9PE, England (Formerly Terstan Hotel) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #561 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Shenzhen, China
“Good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Hotel is in a very good position..very close to the metro .
The room was small but ok if you want enjoy London and not stay in hotel all day...very clean!
The front desk staff very helpfull....breakfast poor need to improve!
I recommend the Hotel area is quite....price in London for this kind of hotel are similar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The price was really good, which was why we chose the hotel, and why I'm rating it "average" considering the price. In retrospect, would have paid more to get more,. Our room was so tiny it was uncomfortable, but our friends' room was large, so there is no telling what you'll get. The hotel was pretty dated and I didn't find the service very helpful or friendly. Breakfast was basic, but no real complaints there. The location was close to Earl's Court across the street from a pretty park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location was incredible! Very close to the tube, shops, restaurants, pubs. The beds were soft, the staff friendly, but that was about where the positives ended, unfortunately.

The photos here underestimate exactly how small this room was. We had a triple room (one double bed and one single), and the beds stretched from end to end with barely a foot of space to squeeze through to the bathroom. The only counter space was taken up by the tea tray, so if you wanted to actually pour yourself a cup, you'd have to hold the cup in your hand while you poured it (hope you brought bottled water for that tea, because the tap water has rust in it). There was barely enough floor space to put your suitcases, much less walk around the room.

The heat was a joke. It was way too hot, and the only way to adjust it was to remove a heavy wooden panel (edged in nails) to reach the shut-off valve (this method was recommended by the staff, by the way), which fell off the wall and nearly landed on my toe! I still couldn't get the valve to turn. I'm not a handy-woman, give me a thermostat, please. We opened the window to cool off instead, which being winter outside gave us the choice between stifling hot and Arctic cold.

Breakfast is BASIC. Toast or cold cereal. No fruit, no yogurt, no pastries.

Towel collection at 10 a.m was annoying for a casual family trip, as we were still using them and getting ready for our day.

Yes, the area is AMAZING! But given how many hotels are in the area (a LOT!), and at similar prices, you have no reason not to try another. I do highly recommend the area. Not the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Granite Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If when you travel you require accommodation that is close to transport,clean plus comfortable and has a pleasant conscientious staff then the Garden View Hotel at Earl's Court in Kennsington will be the place to go. We had a very spacious clean room with a hardwood floor, a continental breakfast , new high-definition TV with lots of channels to watch, and a very courteous receptionist at the front desk. Our tube station was only 5minutes (Earl's Court station) away and to our delight a super sized Tesco (open 24 hours) was minutes away for our evening snack. Our last day we required a ride to Euston Station and the front desk arranged for the A & S Mini Cabs to be our carriage. Well mini had nothing to do with the description of the vehicle. We were pleasantly surprised when a Chrysler mini-van(spotless inside) was provided. It's driver,Sam, was not only courteous but quite professional and gave us a great ride at a very affordable price. You may not have a refrigerator full of minitures in your room but you will have a quiet and delightful stay at the GVH,that's a promise!

Room Tip: Only had experience with ground floor room but from the hallway all looked inviting! (#65)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel perfect located in Kensington - just 5 min walk from Earls court Tube station.We stayed 3 nights in a room for 3 persons. Nice, warm and clean room with own bathroom. Breakfast fine with toast, butter etc and coffee. The Frontdesk staff was very helpful and solved our problem (Tube was out of service) with a cap to the airport very fast with a smile. ...:...thanks a lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hotel is in the center of the city, so easy to travel, but you still have to walk a bit to get to the underground. For me I had two lines that leaded to the two stations I needed to be and the the airport. There are many restaurants in earl's ct road, you have a large choice.
But!.... The room, bathroom were very tiny, I almost cleaned the shower curtains with my body while washing myself. The room was very hot when I arrived, lucky me, I'm a little bit good with my hands so I turned it off. It wasn't easy to access. And I'm a early traveler, but the breakfast starts at 7.30am (why???) …
I will end saying that the staff is very nice and yes, I will come back if I could, just for the location.

• Stayed April 2013
St. Albert, AB. Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family of 4 had a very pleasant 3 night stay at the Garden View Hotel. Located in lovely Kensington just a couple of blocks from the Earls Court Tube Station, this hotel is the perfect place acess all the major London sights. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There are several nearby good restaurants. Rooms are small. Hotel is very clean . Basic breakfast - cereal, toast, juice, tea and coffee included.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Garden View Hotel? Share your experiences!