“A gem on my door step” 5 of 5 stars

0207 720 7902
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zumbura is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“A gem on my door step”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I live in grafton square, and after sampling the free tasters outside sainsburys my boyfriend and I decided to go there for a Sunday lunch.

We were not disappointed as the friendly staff explained the food to us, and even let us try the bitter lentils before we ordered them. The food was divine! All healthy super foods which made it an even tastier treat.

I would highly recommend this delicious and very trendy new restaurant!

87% Recommend
London, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty treat!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband is a huge Indian food fan and he was not disappointed. The food was delicious and a good choice. I particularly liked the decor and bar area and we all agreed you could just as happily head here for cocktails and nibbles at the bar!! Zumbura is a very welcome addition to Clapham and we will be back for sure!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Really good Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Newly opened. Really delicious, fresh-tasting and interesting Indian food (small plates to share). This is what Clapham has been crying out for!I liked the dining room, the fact they do cocktails well too and the service was very good indeed. It was also exceptional value. Highlight was the lamb chops, lowlight was the bread. The only down-side is that as it's such a small space most of the tables are 2s / 4s max and I suspect it's going to get very hard to get a table there as the word spreads..............

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Light Indian food, hurrah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I loved this restaurant because, while I really like the taste of Indian food, I am often put off it because it can be so heavy. Gosh darn it, sometimes I am just not in the mood for a proverbial 'food baby' - you know, the old lumpy-tummy-syndrome. So...this is great, because you get all the flavours and tastes, very nom, even more so through the tapas style of the menu which means you don't have to limit yourself to JUST the chicken. Oh no. You can have a small portion of the chicken, and the lamb, and the fish...well, you get the general idea. The staff are good too, v warm and friendly. Oh and do try the pistachio ice-cream too. It is truly the most pistachio-y I have ever tried and I really have tried quite a few on my lifelong, global ice-cream tasting quest.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“New favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went here Saturday night for the 2nd time since it opened earlier this month. Thoroughly enjoyed the food & love the sharing plates - it's a great way to try lots of dishes, we worked our way through most of the menu! Favourites were the spicy potato cakes & lamb chops.

For a Saturday night, the restaurant was busy but service was great & our waitress was very helpful & efficient. The manager also was very attentive & recommended some amazing cocktails.

All in all, we have had 2 fantastic experiences at Zumbura & are already planning our next visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere