“Really nice restaurant with excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 28-50 Wine Workshop & Kitchen

28-50 Wine Workshop & Kitchen
17-19 Maddox Street, London W1S 2QH, England (Mayfair)
0207 495 1505
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
28-50 Wine Workshop & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,278 of 17,060 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: If you love great food and wine, you'll love 28º - 50º. The inspirational vision of our founders and owners, master sommelier Xavier Rousset and top chef Agnar Sverrisson, our Wine Workshop and Kitchen concept takes the traditional wine bar experience to a whole new level. Choose from three convenient locations in the heart of central London and enjoy superb service in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with stylish surroundings. Whether you drop in for a drink, dine with us or join us for one of our events, you'll have a really special time at 28º - 50º. Each of our individually styled establishments features over 30 carefully chosen wines, available by the glass, carafe or bottle, as well as a seasonally changing menu created with skill and imagination by our highly talented Executive Chefs. We also offer 'al fresco' dining and private rooms for events, celebrations or corporate get-togethers. And as for indulging your passion for wonderful wine and food, you're sure to find something to whet your appetite in our year-round programme of tastings, workshops and themed dinners. We look forward to welcoming you to 28º - 50º very soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice restaurant with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I came here with some friends for dinner on a Friday evening. We were quite early but our table was ready so we took it. We ended up sitting there for 4 hours over some great food and several bottles of wine, and we were never made to feel like we had to leave. Service was really, really good - our waitress was very pleasant, knowledgable and discreet. Great spot!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and wine options in a stylish venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

There is a relaxed but stylish feel to this place and the wide variety of food and wine options on the menu is exciting. We were served quickly and efficiently and chef Justin Le Clair did us proud with his delicious fish dishes, ( two varieties of sauces for either baked or fried sea bream). The vegetarian options were a little limited but a request for something off menu was soon prepared. Our deserts of chocolate tart and plum crumble didn't disappoint, ( rich dark chocolate on light pastry was my favourite). The venue atmosphere offers a chance to be smart or casual, lighting for evening winter dining is soft and warm. Both street level and downstairs dining areas are welcoming and hit the right note. The comprehensive wine menu made this dining experience a memorable one. This new restaurant deserves to be a success and should be on everyone's list of where to eat in London. I will return !

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful mix of wine bar and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went on Saturday night. Really loved the ambience. Fab bar with bar stools if you wanted a steak sandwich but we sat at a table in the window and enjoyed delicious artichoke soup followed by sea bream ( decent helping) with chorizo, followed by amazing crumble pudding. All washed down with a Galician White wine. Will definitely return.

Visited December 2013
“Great for a wee stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were heading for hibiscus a wonderful restaurant nearby and for a change were early

A quick 22£ later we had 4 good glasses of white , the list by the glass was extensive

The service was unobtrusive and knowledgable

• Visited November 2013
“Very mixed thoughts!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am an Executive Assistant so it is important that I find restaurants that have a good ambiance, that are reasonably priced with good food and a quick turnaround. As we are based in Mayfair we have quite a lot of restaurants around us and many of the restaurants realise that during the week at lunchtime these will be business meetings and 9 times out of 10 they need to be out in an hour and a half. The first time I sent some of my bosses here it was very slow and the whole meal took 3 hours. I emailed the manager and he asked me to come into the restaurant to meet him. While I was there he introduced me to the head receptionist so that we could exchange contact details and so that I could book directly through her. This way there would be a note on our booking explaining that it needed to be a quick turnaround. I went there today with my team as a Christmas lunch and although the food was good it was such a long wait for everything. My boss could not even have his lunch as he had to leave for a meeting. At this point we had waited an hour and a half for our mains. I spoke to the manager again and he explained that we should have said we were in a rush which (I did before the starters arrived) does not make sense as I had already explained this in my first meeting with them. Overall I was disappointed that my boss could not have his lunch and that my team were disappointed with the service. It is a shame because it could be a good restaurant, however I know that I can no longer book here due to the poor service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
28-50Mayfair, General Manager at 28-50 Wine Workshop & Kitchen, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Stephanie
I am very sorry you feel you can no longer book with us. We did let you down and I apologized for that (and believe we dealt with it accordingly)

I would like to highlight some details/inaccuracies though.

We did let your bosses down the first time which we apologized for (it wasn't anywhere near 3 hours for lunch but we did make a big mistake) Since this experience I believe a number of your bosses have been in a number of times and have enjoyed their lunches with us each and every time.

On Tuesday you arrived at 12:35pm with the last guest arriving at 12:40pm. We took your order at 12:45pm. The starters came out too slowly admittedly (at 13:10) we cleared your starters at 13:25 and your main courses arrived at 13:44 (not an hour and a half) but from taking the order an hour which is still not fast enough.

We have no excuse other than we thought your party being a Christmas party on this occasion were not in a huge hurry. If we had known that from the beginning (I tried to find out who you spoke to?) then we would have sent your food before the other large table also having their Christmas lunch (it is that time of year)

We do still hope you return or use us again. If you do decide to, you have my e-mail address.

Kind regards