“I love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 1,065 Hotels in London
uk
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Took our two children for a night in junior suites - yet again a fabulous experience from beginning to end although it is true you get what you pay for! V expensive but good for a treat and celebrity spotting makes it even better! One number one selling female artist in foyer and a mega star American film actor eating breakfast WOW!!! Food in restaurant was fab as was breakfast. This hotel is top of its league.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I often travel to London, and this is my favorite hotel! The location is central, the restaurant and bar is vibrant and lively, but what is really setting this hotel apart is the service and the rooms. If you get a chance stay at the 5th floor and you will enjoy the balcony and the views. Regardless this is a great hotel I can highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is simply gorgeous from the amazing rooms with the biggest bed I have ever slept in, gorgeous breakfast, friendly service and a fabulous bar. Lovely little gestures left in our room too I simply could not fault it. I was lucky enough to stay for 2 nights as a 40th birthday present, best birthday ever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
One Hyde park, London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's a brilliant hotel in a fabulous location. With beautiful interiors, this hotel is my favourite of all. Really modern and beautifully designed with an incredible gym with leather seats, 2 cinema's with zebra chairs, and a very busy, buzzing bar. Expensive (around £500.00pnight and upwards) but really worth it. I stay in the £1400pnight room as it is so cleverly laid out with lots of technology such as a tv in the bathroom etc. You always get given gifts when staying there, and I received a big gift as it was my 30th time staying there last week.

Room Tip: top. penthouse type suite. it has a television in the bath etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were coming to London for a friend's film premiere and everyone was staying in this hotel as the film company had booked a few rooms for the cast.
We booked a deluxe room but never expected such an AMAZING room for the price. It was more like a suite. It was a corner room on the top floor with great views. Our room was FAR better than the rooms our friends in the film had.
The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food in the restaurant was pretty good too. We would definitely stay here again. Perfect mix of traditional and modern luxury. Well worth splashing out a little extra for the best rooms.

Room Tip: The deluxe room we had was a MASSIVE corner room on the top floor, more like a suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok I have to admit to being a fan of this hotel group but this is a great hotel, it's not pretentious when it could quite easily be, it's fun, friendly with great service and when they do slip up, and let's face it all hotels do, they've always sorted it out quickly. The bar is cool without being annoying although it's nice to be able to retire to the guest areas later on in the evening. I always seen to end up meeting interesting people whenever I go here, it's just that sort of place. The rooms are the usual Firmdale style, I wouldn't opt for the cheapest rooms though, go one bigger they're far better value. The restaurant is pretty decent but not stellar, but the atmosphere in the whole place makes up for it. It's more than the sum of its parts, which is what has made me go back here quite a few times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I guess the perfect hotel would be one you design yourself. It would have every detail you need, just the right decor with a feeling of its locale, and feel like a bespoke suit. Designed by you for you it would lack nothing. The only thing better would be the odd surprise that you didn't think of but that makes the stay that much better. The Soho Hotel, for me, achieved that. If I had to dream up my perfect London hotel this would be it.

I had come from two nights at The Savoy so my expectations were high. I did not think The Savoy could be bettered. Don't get me wrong The Savoy is stunning but for regular visits to London The Soho Hotel is the business. A home away from home that gives sumptuous luxury in a comfortable, relaxed modern environment.

Location is ideal. Walking distance to Oxford Street, Shaftsbury Avenue and Covent Garden so all the bases of entertainment, shopping and dining are covered. Soho itself is a bit of a mixed but likeable bag with plenty of Independent shops, cafes, bars and narrow charming streets. Yumchaa cafe round the corner has unique and fabulous tea.

The public areas of the hotel are bright, nicely designed with pale timber and punchy fresh pastel colours. Quirky design details abound with the famous Fernando Botero massive cat sculpture in the lobby, classic book covers in the lift and an overall feeling of whimsy and luxury. Love the look. The check in was quick, friendly and efficient.

Now the room. I booked a luxury Junior Suite. Worth every penny and more. The room was massive with the same whimsical design of bright colours and designer furniture. There are massive loft style windows looking over soho and flooding the room with light. The suite had a massive couch, armchair and the biggest bed I've ever seen in a hotel. Supremely comfortable furniture with masses of space made it a very welcoming sanctuary. Loewe TV was excellent and adjustable to the bed or lounge area. Fee wifi, magazines, glorious mini bar with all the offerings from the Macallan 12 year old whiskey, Sicilian lemonade to scented candles and a 'love kit'...

The surprises that lifted this into my number one spot were things like the steam room feature In the massive shower, the TV over the bath and the turndown service that placed a small spray bottle of lavender and patchouli I could use on my pillows to help a good nights sleep. These are details that show a management committed to making the guests feel indulged.

Room service was quick and the menu delightful. I arrived tired and hungry not really knowing what I wanted and thinking a mix of small things would be ideal. Sure enough the menu offered a Soho platter of calamari, tiger pawns, duck spring rolls and hummus with pita bread. Perfect room service food. I returned from a stroll to find a box of Easter eggs on the coffee table and a hand written note from the manager welcoming me personally. God is in the details as they say. I was impressed with this degree of care.

I was effortlessly given a late check out. Nothing it seemed was a problem here. Breakfast was well presented, extensive and relaxing.

My only issue, if it could be considered one, is that Carrie Wicks and the team behind this hotel have ruined me. I have a work trip to the Congo coming up and am not sure how I will find a hotel with lavender scented pillows and quality gin in the minibar in Kisangani. I will be returning to London monthly and for now The Soho Hotel is the only possible choice. From my extensive travels this is the best hotel in the world. I could not have dreamed up anything better.

Room Tip: Suites on higher floors have more light
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Soho Hotel? Share your experiences!