“Amazing service and brilliant experience” 5 of 5 stars

The Soho Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Richmond Mews, London W1D 3DH, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #14 of 1,054 Hotels in London
London
“Amazing service and brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been to the Soho Hotel a few times, for drinks with friends, lunch with clients, and also for an overnight stay. Always enjoyed it, and the standard is very high.

This review though is really to praise their Weekend Film Club concept, something I believe they also do at their sister hotels Charlotte Street and Covent Garden. The deal is £35 for 3 courses and a movie in their private screening room (I think in the week it's 2 courses and a glass of wine for the same price).

From start to finish we were looked after very well - the service is absolutely top-class. The booking team were very flexible with us and becuase we were pressed for time allowed us to have our pudding after the film instead of all beforehand. The waiter spotted that I had asked for gluten-free bread and took the initiative to brief the chef to adapt the sauce for my main course - something I was very impressed by.
The food was delicious and well presented, and the atmosphere, both in the restaurant and the drawing room, where we had our pudding, was really lovely.
The small screen cinema experience is fantastic and they do it very well, with sofas as well as large armchairs with little tables for you to put your wine glass. And free popcorn.

The team there are great at making what in principle is a simple concept of dinner and movie into a really special experience. 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

So im writing this review from my room 509 in the Soho hotel...couldn't wait to share the greatest service experience I've ever had in my 40 plus years of traveling....I mention at the front desk that I'm looking to bring scones and jam home for my family...the great staff offers to have the chef bake fresh scones for me the moring of my departure and they also made a special trip to Fortnum & Mason to pick up my requested jam flavors...this was all by their suggestion...and did I mention the rooms are fabulous and my terrace has a lovely view of the Shard & Eye...and a 2 minute walk to Chinatown...farewell Savoy, The Soho is my new London home.....Thanks so much to the fine staff.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have balconies...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm a big fan of the Firmdale hotels. I've stayed at the Knightsbridge, Covent Garden, and now The Soho. All great places. The location of the Soho was perfect -- very close to Covent Garden and great shopping. My room was spotless and beautifully decorated. And the staff could not have been more accommodating.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Soho Hotel is located ideally for shopping sight seeing etc. This hotel offers beautiful large rooms! Bathroom with both a large tub and separate shower. The restaurant bar offers a wide variety of choices for meals or just great drinks. I love staying at the Sono and the staff always makes you feel welcom.

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms by the elevator
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed up here as a couple with our friends and were so impressed with this hotel!

We were in London celebrating and on a heavy night and this was the perfect hotel to laze aryound in the following day! Only problem was that once we'd seen our room, it made me not want to leave it!

We stayed in a suite which was beautifully dceorated and very spacious considering the location in the city. Walking distance to everywhere. Considering the hustle and bustle of Soho, once in you're in your room it's a quite sanctuary. Our friends were staying in the penthouse suite which was so huge it was ridiculous and again, beautifully decorated.

Wouldnt hesitate to stay here everytime I come to London and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 had a delightful time at the Soho. We loved the design features throughout the hotel and enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and engaging. We would happily return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't you know it from the off, soooo posh it's insane, really good service all round. Wow made me feel like a rich man. Food was great but really just the way I was treated was the best! Loved it. If you are spending the money on a good hotel go for this one, it was phenomenal.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Soho Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Soho Hotel

Address: 4 Richmond Mews, London W1D 3DH, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > London > Soho
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Spa Hotel in London
#7 Romantic Hotel in London
#9 Family Hotel in London
#13 Luxury Hotel in London
#18 Business Hotel in London
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The Soho Hotel 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Soho Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Soho Hotel London
The Soho Hotel London, England

If you own or manage The Soho Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.