“Better than we expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Belgrove Hotel

You added Belgrove Hotel to your Saves list
Belgrove Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 3 Belgrove St | Kings Cross, London WC1H 8AB, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #847 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Oakville, Canada
“Better than we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I booked the hotel, then read the reviews! Was expecting what everyone here wrote. We were pleasantly surprised at our room. It was clean, there were no stains, and was perfect for what we were looking for and good value for what we paid. We had a train to catch to Paris at 8 am and this hotel was in the perfect location. Was just down the street from Saint Pancras train station and we were there in less than 10 minutes!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Small rooms, tea stained walls, no light shades so bare bulb hanging from ceiling. Wallpaper hanging off walls in what's meant to be ensuite bathroom, which has old fashioned outside toilet which sounds awful when flushed and not clean in the bottom. Wardrobe sways when opened and dressing table rocks as it doesn't touch the floor on one side. Bed soft but ok it's clean, not enough pillows though. I guess what can you ask for it's cheap for location, ok for a couple of nights but no more than that. Access to upper floors via stairs, no lift so doesn't cater for anyone using a wheelchair or pushchair. Lots of noise from the streets at night time making it impossible to sleep. Staff very helpful and friendly, Buffett full English breakfast not too bad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is very basic, and both room and bathroom are very small, but decent. This wouldn't be a problem if the place weren't so noisy. No double gazing so noise from the street, from all the rooms surrounding ours, noise from inconsiderate guests and noise from slamming doors all the time. Once said that, location is great, a few steps from St Pancras and King's Cross, so very convenient for Eurostar.

Room Tip: Not facing the main street, if possible. Too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here as a stopover before travelling on the eurostar the next day, it's okay as a place to rest your head for a night, but I wouldn't recommend staying here for much more than that!

Check in was nice and easy, the staff are very friendly, I never came across one person that was rude. Check in and breakfast staff were very nice!

The place does have a bit of a dingy feel to it. I think it's the decoration in the hallways. As well as this, the room was very basic. With simple decoration, a small television and beds. We did have all the facilities of a bathroom (a sink in the room, basic shower ( which was actually quite nice) and a toilet. The beds were very comfortable, and it was reasonably clean, the towels had some stains on, but we didn't use those! My biggest gripe with the room was the toilet. The room it was in was far too small, with my knees literally touching the door when I sat on it. That wasn't great but it was manageable!

The best thing was the breakfast, I was shocked at the room it was in! As it's downstairs and looks like you're heading into a darkened cellar, but give it a chance! There's toast and a hot English breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausages etc. Very nice and the room is actually quite pleasant when the sun is shining in!

Overall I would say it is slightly under average. I would stay again If it was cheaper, but do think they overcharge for what you get as it's quite run down, but manageable if you're just there for the night!

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

very close to King's Cross. I just needed one night stay and was arriving late, so this served the purpose. The Room seems to be clean. I was okay with the room size but the shower/bathroom was pretty small. nothing fancy, simple and kept to minimum for one night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Close to King's cross, and St Pancras. That being said,these are the only things that I could come up with that would make me stay there again. It's not like I have great expectations or any thing, But this hotel is just not up to anyone's standards, as far as i'm concerned. It is a place to rest one's head, albeit hoping and praying that one does not walk away, with more than he arrived with if you catch my drift? The only thing adequate about this hotel and I am being kind, Breakfast!! This hotel had more of a boarding house feel than a hotel, I have never been to a boarding house but this would have been in my mind's eye, had I looked for one!! I won't go into the unpleasantry's of the whole thing, I don't have the time or inclination to put anything down, as I booked this hotel for the merit of it being close to what I needed. And thus take some responsibility myself for not taking a more sober look, before booking. But i am of the ilk to say to myself it could have been worse!! But I doubt it! And I will leave it at that.There are much better hotel's in the same area, and do yourself a favor pay a little more.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Upper Coomera, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

On my own , needed one night stay in a single room, great location quieter than I expected as I am a light sleeper , small room but comfortable really good value , clean , awesome cooked breakfast I would stay there again. Hot shower.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo