“Very Poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Belgrove Hotel

You added Belgrove Hotel to your Saves list
Belgrove Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 3 Belgrove St, London WC1H 8AB, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #838 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

On entering reception, I noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. I was given a key to my room on the ground floor and the smell was in the room too. The room was terrible, one curtain that did not hang on the window properly. I questioned the smell and was told that staff could not control what people did once they were in the rooms. I had also noticed a group of the staff smoking on the premises when I walked through, despite the fact signs were in the reception telling people smoking was not permitted on the premises. I was given another room, clean and the bedding was good and comfortable. Breakfast - a full English one which was lukewarm when I went for it and cold on the plate.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get your own bathroom, or even better, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Stevenston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights 31st May with my teenage daughter in a twin room. At a cost of £75 per night with full English breakfast included this bed and breakfast is good value for money considering the location and prices in London. We were on the top floor the stairs are steep but unless you have mobility problems then it is not really an issue. Our room was very clean with a clean shower and toilet, no grime or dust. Yes the room is small and needing updated but the beds are clean and the room is serviced every day with fresh towels provided. Free-view T.V is included. Breakfast is self serve and was lovely.

On arrival we were unable to check-in until 2pm but we were allowed access to a shower room to freshen up and our luggage was stored to enable us to go about our day until time to check-in.

If you are looking for a budget hotel to simply put your head down in a clean bed in a fantastic location while exploring London then this place suits it's purpose.

Room Tip: Room 53 on the top floor was spotless.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. We got it quite cheap as we booked it well in advance and it was at peak times too. The rooms are basic, and we shared a shower. From my own experience I found it to be pleasant and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff were friendly, the breakfast was nice and our room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels. We was out most of the day so the only time we came back really was to go to sleep. It's just somewhere to lay your head at the end of the day. So yes, overall I had no problems at this hotel what so ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I should have taken notice of the reviews! Disgusting place to stay -room was small , very smelly and FILTHY, walls were stained, hairs on the floor, shower so small you almost had to reverse into it!No shower mat so the floor was really slippery and dangerous when you got out, no toilet roll holder or lampshades, cistern was wobbly. Kettle stand built in but the kettle didn't fit it so the lead was just hanging and there was another kettle on the opposite side, cup but no saucer. Wooden frame around the top of the shower room was coming apart, need I say more? I got up in the morning and did not even have breakfast as I couldn't bear to think what is was like so left as quickly as I could. In my 40 years of travelling it is the worst place I have ever stayed in and the first time I have ever complained as I am very tolerant normally. The only positive was it's location.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked this hotel to be near St Pancras Station. Never again!!! The hotel is disgusting, dirty narrow corridors and stairs, walls and paintwork chipped and dirty, tiny room and bed, very poor shower and bathroom. Breakfast poor, unhelpful staff and a very disappointing start to a lovely holiday. The only good thing was it was close to the station and we couldn't get out quick enough!!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a disappointing experience during our stay. The room was very small and the bed was not big enough for two adults. Luckily I was there with my daugther! The shower was tiny and did not work for two days. Breakfast was poor. I will never book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

For what we wanted (to be near King's Cross Station and cheap) this hotel served us well. Yes it is a bit run down and tired and there are a fair few narrow stairs to negotiate (if you are not on the ground level) but the room, although small, was clean, had tea/coffee facilities, a hairdryer, TV, full breakfast (which was delicious), heating, small bathroom, friendly and helpful staff. For a short stay it is more than adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Belgrove Hotel? Share your experiences!