“Its a HORRIBLE place to stay at” 1 of 5 stars

Newham Hotel
349 Romford Road | Forest Gate, London E7 8AA, England   |
Ranked #973 of 1,075 hotels in London
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Its a HORRIBLE place to stay at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Now look guys, I never write hotel reviews online, but I feel I have to duty to let everyone how this hotel kindda cheats you for your money. I paid 55 pounds for a twin room which I booked for myself for one nights stay. Upon arrival they requestd me to go for a double room since I was alone. I agreed on good faith. But they put me in the worlds worst possible room. It had a window adjecent to the laundry room, it smelled like crap and there was no air circulation. When I told them that I didnt like the room and wanted my original room back, they refused to change my room. I couldnt stay in the room as I was having problems breathing so I went out immediately after taking a shower. Then I had to sleep over at a friends house because I couldnt breath inside the room. It was the WORST ever room I stayed in.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

On arrival at the hotel the entrance area looked reasonable enough but after being shown to our room we were really disappointed. The room was tiny and housed a double bed pushed upgainst the wall, a wardrobe, small chest of drawers and bedside cabinet with missing handles. We were unable to make ourselves a drink due to the state of the inside of the kettle. The room was hot and stuffy with only a very small window The room was ensuite and the bathroom looked relatively new but on turning on the shower both hot and cold taps produced scalding water which prevented us from using the facilities. We requested another room but was told there were no rooms available. As we had booked two nights we decided only to stay the one and cancel the second night. The hotel refused to refund us for the second night even though we had given them 24 hours notice (as indicated on their website). We decided to get out of the hotel at the earliest opportunity and left the following morning without even having breakfast which we were also charged for. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was an awful experience and the hotel website did not truly reflect the hotel. Another downside was the hotel was opposite the local police station and you can imagine the amount of noise generated everytime a police car left the station with sirens blaring out throughout the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Appauling, room was dirty, the commual toilet, sink and shower was broken as usual have reported it several times.
People running up / down the corridor all through out the night - I was that annoyed that i checked out at 7am on a sunday. The place is a shambles.............................................

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
The Hague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

After searching quite a while to find an hotel for my stay at the Excel Center I've found this hotel.

Plus:
Direct connection to Excel Center (bus 325),
trainstation nearby (Forest gate),
night busses nearby
Prices are reonable
staff is OK
(English) breakfast is OK
Room was reasonable clean
Roomsize was not big, but big enough
(private) bathroom was small, shower not easy to handle, but it always worked
They're still working on this hotel, but the staff informed us accordingly, offering us a different room when needed so.

To be improved:
Neighbourhoud
noise of the street
a better plumber would be advisable for the hotel...

In short: I would absolutely recommand this hotel if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel to stay in London for a couple of days.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Rooms looked clean and so did the linen and towels, but while we were relaxing watching TV at about 11:30pm, the bed bugs started to appear. Left the hotel immediately, utterly repulsive... was refused a refund and offered another room...how could we stay at the same place, had to sleep on a friend living room floor that night...still have the bites to show... DISGUSTING.... DON'T GO THERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

when booking I was worried if it is clean and what is the location..

Location - by taxi from London City airport - about 20 min - just £14pounds
the staff is very friendly and will attempt to help you with your enquiries - SO ASK!
but check how they require your payment and when

The hotel is located not far from Green street ( where a lot of Asian food and shops are)
if you are looking for a European restorant /cafe - McDonalds is just 5 min away from teh hotel. We could not find any other cafes around to eat maybe we were just too tired.

Breakfast is served with the English breakfast and cereals - but as it is a low budget hotel the food is teh appropriate quality - the papermadeof sausage I could not eat.

For the second day our room was left untouched - no cleaning, changing towels,etc..

to get to the central London - by bus N25 - just 1 pound per trip - it goes right to Oxford Circle - a bit long - over 1 hour - but thus you are doing a bit of a Sightseeing!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Regina,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Thank you, thank you, thank you Newham Hotel.
It is about time that some hotels realize the need for smoking rooms.
Very much appreciated.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Newham Hotel? Share your experiences!