We stayed here for four nights and were quite pleased with the flat: Modern, new, spotlessly clean end very well equipped. Best hotel bed, we have ever slept in. Nice big bathroom with lovely complimentary shampoo, shower gel etc.
However there where some set backs:
1. The lack of a reception. This turned out to be a major set back all though the cleaning staff were trying to be as helpful as possible. But they were all of Eastern European origin and spoke poorly or none English at all. It would have been very helpful and welcoming if there had been a reception to turn to on arrival, during our stay and when leaving the place.
2. The lack of a sign saying "Apple Apartments". We found the place on our own, but had to guide quite a few guests in the right direction. Even when you have entered the correct hallway, there is no sign indicating that you have arrived at Apple Apartments. This seems ridiculous.
3. The WIFI did not work in our apartment (603), so we had to stand in the hallway in front of the staff apartment (611), where the router was located.
4. The air condition didn't work and all though we visited London in October, the temperature in the flat was 24,5 degrees celsius. We had to keep the windows opened all the time, which was quite annoying due to the heavy and noisy traffic from Commercial Road.
5. Finally: The area was quite depressing and a little spooky to walk through in the evening.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Apartments @E14 London, England