“Coming back for thirds” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“Coming back for thirds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Been to Saffron kitchen on two occasions now, both with family and friends. Both times the service has been excellent and environment is friendly. Very reasonably priced. Good variety of food, all of a good quality, a great modern twist on a traditional cuisine. I can't fault it, will be back for more masala chips and chicken nambali.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Paisley, United Kingdom
“always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

was back at the saffron at weekend again , we try go here at least once a month , and have never had a bad dinner.
the regular order is the mixed grill fantastic,choice of really asty foos, and alway a diffrent curry , the staff are always very helpful,and do best to cater for anything you want. as for cost , its def value for money , look forward to next visit ,

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect Family Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Came for a family dinner on a busy Saturday.

Service was excellent, food was amazing and very traditional. The presentation of the food was something you would never see in an Indian restaurant and especially ones that are fairly reasonably priced.

For dessert, which I was most excited about we had a fresh share size waffle, fried ice cream (WOW!!) and sticky toffee pudding. All the desserts were amazing.

Would definitely recommend to friends and family

“No complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Came here as a group of 7 on a busy Saturday evening, enjoyed every minute of it and will definitely come back.

Although we did have to wait for a couple of minutes before we were seated, the undoubtedly gregarious staff made us feel very welcome at Saffron Kitchen.

Most importantly, to our surprise, every item that we ordered came looking and tasting perfect from outstanding presentation of the dahi puri to the mouthwatering taste of the lamb shank , the food was as good as the food back at home! Truly outstanding.

With food this succulent, it sure did not take us long to realise that we'll be back very soon.

“Regretfully won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I passed Saffron Kitchen quite a few times and thought I would take my family including parents there for a meal.

I regret to say it was a disappointing affair.

Let me start with the positives.

Nice decor
Ambience
Comfortable
Chicken dishes were actually ok.

Now the bad points which were so bad as to substantiate this rating.

It was clear from the prices that the owners were out to fleece their clientel financialy.
Not only was everything more expensive than any other restaurant I frequent but also the quality was shockingly substandard.

We ordered Sheikh Kebab for starters which was 100% more expensive than even some west end restaurants and when arrived was 2/3rds the size. A fact they tried to cover up by cutting it in half.

The lamb biriani had about 3 tablespoons of rice which covered the most rubbery, fatty uncooked lamb I had the misfortune of tasting. Me and my father ate a spoonfull and pushed it to one side. What a waste of £10.

The Lamb curry was covered in fat and was not great.

Most bottled water one buys comes in 1 litre of 500ml. Not at SK. Oh noooooo. There one comes in 25cl bottles which they think we are too uneducated to work out is 250ml. Smaller than a can of coke and this was water.

Stick to the tap water and do yourself and your bank account a favour.

And when the bill came it was > £75 . We essentially had some sheikh kebab, naan, half a chicken curry, and my 2 children had a kids meal each (which was the best part of the whole offering).

When the bill came I nearly chocked. The meat might be halal but the price is most certainly not. More Knightsbridge than Lea Bridge i'm afraid.

Honestly I will never be returning.

• Visited January 2014