Got off to a poor start. It was my birthday weekend and my wife rang to ask for a nice room. First response was a grumpy non- committal lack of interest so she tried again and was told they would look at it on the day. They hadn't and we given a room which directly overlooked a massive office next door so the curtains were permanently shut. The good news was that the room was ready and Gianluca on the desk was very pleasant.
The room was not 5 star luxury. It was warm, clean and the bed was comfortable but no different to any three star we have stayed in. The rodent bait behind the cabinet was a bit off putting but at least they're on the case. The bathroom was ok but needs attention.
5 star luxury hotels walk the extra mile. They don't charge for Wifi or the room safe. They don't just give you two measly tea bags. They don't leave just two rather worn out bath and hand towels each. In 5 star hotels, there is always someone to greet you when you come in. Not here. The furniture, too, is very cheap looking. The Courthouse gives you slippers but no robe - odd.
It's strength is its location. Couldn't be better. The TV was fine but two of the Sky sports channels didn't work -no big deal but they would in a 5 star.
So- would we go back? Probably not in its present form. For the money, you can get somewhere much better. If we knew they would make more of an effort and walk the extra mile, then maybe. Refurbishing is taking place next year . Perhaps we'll have another look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of London’s bustling shopping and theatre district, the Courthouse offers a great location for business and leisure travelers. The Hotel is situated in an old Grade II Listed Magistrates Court, retaining much of its original historical features with a modern twist. While staying with us you can enjoy a meal in Silk restaurant who has been converted from the old Number One court, relax in Sanook Spa or enjoy a cocktail on our roof terrace or in one of the cell in the bar... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LondonMarketing.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courthouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courthouse Doubletree By Hilton Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel London
- Doubletree Hotel Courthouse
- Courthouse Hotel London, England