“Great London location, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courthouse Hotel

You added Courthouse Hotel to your Saves list
Courthouse Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19-21 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HL, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #560 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great London location, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at the Courthouse Hotel.

Arrived late morning so well ahead of earliest checkin time however the receptionist was very friendly and upgraded us to a bigger room, with immediate access. We also requested a couple of hours later checkout on the Sunday and that was granted without any issues

Room was a good size for London and we had a room at the back so protected from the noise on Great Marlborough Street. Only downside and hence not a 5* was some visible signs of damp on the bathroom ceiling

Overall, found the staff very friendly and would certainly stay again

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Courthouse Hotel in in superb location for shopping, bars restaurants & theatres.
Great hotel, very clean, superb staff. Good food in the hotels restaurant. Not over priced. Will be back, had a great time there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great location. Roof top bar. Friendly staff. Nicely furnished. Pool and steam room very nice.

But a luxury hotel shouldn't have issues like...

-burnt our bulbs
-shower water that fluctuates in temperature
-broken curtain holder
-poorly working air conditioner
-tough to open window
-spotty in-room wireless internet...and with a daily fee!! :(
-broken shower plug

It's hard not to recognize many of these things when the room is serviced daily.

This could be a great hotel if these things are regularly addressed.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator are smaller. Sixth floor rooms are smoking rooms, but ours didn't smell.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Decided to take a short break in London .I looked for a hotel in a good location and central to theatre land. This hotel was very well positioned, just of Regents Street and the entrance to the hotel is at the top of Carnaby Street ,The hotel was originally a magistrates court. In the bar area
They still have 3 cells with the toilet in and where you can enjoy a quite drink and a light snack.
The staff are really friendly and easily approachable.

Room Tip: They are currently renovating and many rooms have scaffold across the windows.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear chelseanugget,

Thank you for your kind review. The team are so proud that you recognised their efforts. I am glad that, like so many of our guests, the location was second to none for you.

devon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My company put me up in this hotel during a trip to London and my first impressions were straight away marked when I saw dust was on pictures the ceiling was marked with water damage and there was complete disorganisation at the reception.
we went to book in and not one of the 3 staff smiled, they were rude, sarcastic and very unwelcoming, if it had been a choice I could have made I would have walked out there and then and gone some place else, unfortunately it was not my choice. Check in took a good half an hour if not longer and after sorting out the mess up with rooms we finally got to our own room, passing a glass table with a smashed corner and glass all over the floor we find the bed was a double not singles. we had been told they would split the beds but the maids turned up with 2 duvets and not to split the bed just split the bedding and when we tried to communicate with the maids it was impossible and they just did their own thing.
The floor in the bathroom is a death trap and please if you shower put plenty of towels down as you could slip on the marble finish and there is only 1 floor matt to use. There was only 1 half used loo roll and this was of extremely poor quality so was glad I had actually taken my own tissues.
when we tried to charge our electrical items half of the plug sockets didn't work, the tea tray was situated nowhere near a plug socket and the nearest one was one of the many not working .Neither did the air conditioning work, which during a very warm evening was torcher.
The fridge in the kitchen area stank and I would never put food in it there wasn't enough milk on the tea making facilities for even 1 drink .
On a positive I will say the bed was extremely comfortable though I wish the curtains had shut properly so we hadn't been woken as daylight arrived.
For the amount of money that this service cost I was appalled and really the breakfast should have been included even if it was just basic tea and toast.
A sum up-very unpleasant staff ,not luxury, not a 5 star standard, very poor value, but good location. I felt bad for my company having paid so much money for such a poor experience

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear leafylane,

I was disappointed to hear that you felt unwelcomed to the hotel. I have shared this with my team. Many of our reviewers cite how approachable and friendly our team is. On the back of your comments, we have re-grouped to see how we can do it better next time. The maintenance issues in the room are concerning and I have asked my team to review this. I have also highlighted your housekeeping concerns with the Executive Housekeeper. All rooms are prepared for two guests, but we do only set one bath mat in the room. Additional tea and coffee is available on request.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. We do hope to be of service in the future.

Kind regards
Mold
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a location, from that prospective, it's just perfect. Once inside and the rooms, it is starting to look a little tired but with top price charges. The room was clean, pleasant and the bed very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant in the evening which can be best described as mediocre. We went out in the evening and came back and had drinks in the bar which seemed to be a bit like an 80's throw back. The staff were terribly friendly though and that makes up for a lot though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CazMold,

Thank you for lovely comments about The Bar; Nigel and his team work hard to make sure that everybody has the most delightful time. Pat and the housekeeping team were also so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort level in the room they prepared for you. I have also taken the chance to share your other feedback onto the Chef.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hard to disagree with much of what has been written before. The location is great for sure but the hotel is WAY past its best and feels dated, worn and tired. How on earth they can charge what they do is beyond me. The staff were disinterested, the wifi didn't work, the lift dor took ages to close and the minibar was pitiful. Still, did I tell you about the great location....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Quentin H, Front of House Manager at Courthouse Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Pres1,

Our staff work very hard to ensure that guests have the most pleasant of stays. It is very common for me to see positive comments posted on Trip Advisor regarding the service they deliver. I was naturally disappointed to see that you left our hotel unsatisfied without coming to speak to myself or my team about your stay.

My team are at our guest's disposal 24hours a day. Please never hesitate to contacting them,

Quentin Hales

Been to Courthouse Hotel? Share your experiences!