“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courthouse Hotel

You added Courthouse Hotel to your Saves list
Courthouse Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19-21 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HL, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #583 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Athens
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

A really lovely hotel. The rooms are great, the food is good and the staff are very helpful. The location is also excellent, just at the back of the Palladium. All good, especially the cocktails. Being a woman, i love comfort and a good nights rest - i got both....yea!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Letchworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Despite the phenomenal location and attractive exterior, this hotel proved to be lacklustre, dated and devoid of the professional levels of customer service one would expect for the high price. The problems with our one night stay included:
Administrative errors resulting in not only a lack of twin room available for us despite our early check-in but also being accosted whilst we ate our breakfast by a receptionist declaring loudly that our breakfasts had not been paid for (they had, she was wrong).
Faulty plumbing in our room meaning that our bath would not drain, a series of men traipsing in and out of our room attempting to fix it whilst we were getting ready to go out, none of those men knowing what the other men had done, no-one offering us a room transfer, people entering our room without permission whilst we were out and no-one informing us if the problem had been resolved therefore we could not even shower in the morning.
An overwhelming smell of raw sewage in the bathroom that we suspect was attributable to the aforementioned issue.
The door being locked at night and no-one answering the bell. We and a separate couple were stranded outside at 2am in the pouring rain for 20 minutes.
A sloppy, sub standard breakfast buffet that would not have looked out of place in a Travelodge. Due to the receptionists behaviour at breakfast, our breakfast was refunded and not before time; I certainly resent paying for soft, pre-frozen hash browns and grey scrambled egg.
Sadly this list of complaints is not exhaustive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a great location this fab hotel has... just minutes from Soho, Oxford Street, Regent Street and Carnaby Street and with Oxford Circus tube station close by. Brilliant service, big room, nice king size bed. Breakfast was quite expensive so I only had the continental one, but it was lovely. The breakfast room is though cold and impersonal, but service was good. The only down-side is that there was no sign on the hotel at all, and since my booking was for Courthouse Double Tree Hilton Hotel, I actually stood in front of the hotel for a few minutes trying to find out where I was. Luckily the doorman of the hotel approached me and swiftly guided me through the front door and held my luggage.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel expecting 5* luxury but we were sadly disappointed. The hotel was chosen due to its location which was good but that is pretty much as good as it got albeit the be was very comfortable and we were supplied with anti-allergy pillows on request. The room was rather small and when it was serviced it was only a half hearted effort as you can see from the pictures. There was a missing shelf in the bathroom which I know isn't much but for the room price I would expect everything to be there! I enjoyed a fantastic weekend in London with my girlfriend but this hotel was a bit of a let down. On leaving the duty manageress was very apologetic which was well received but I would not stay at the hotel again or recommend it to anyone either.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I wanted to treat my parents to a luxury week - end in London, I travelled with them - although nice enough this is FAR from a 5 star hotel. The former courthouse features are fun but make the restaurants, especially the one in which breakfast is served, cold and impersonal - that restaurant in particular was cold, as was my coffee and the breakfast, close to £25 a person for a buffet, was grossly over priced.
The rooms are basic although fine but 'luxury' is not a phrase I would use for any part of our experience.
If I got a really good deal on line I would go - the location is wonderful - otherwise I shall stay elsewhere in future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Are you looking for a pleasant, lovely hotel to stay in right smack in the middle of everything in London, whether on business or for pleasure and shopping, look no further. The Courthouse Hotel is charming, clean and comfortable, two steps from the bustling Regent and Carnaby Street with all the shops and restaurants you can wish for.

The twin room was well equipped and very silent, the beds are of good quality and comfortable which made me sleep very well all nights. You really need to use the alarm clock to wake up in the morning even if you are a light sleeper.

The lobby has a nice, homey feeling with lots of soft sofas to lounge in for hours while working or just relaxing and the bar was just three steps away if you needed any refreshments after a hard day on Oxford Street. There was free WiFi in the bar and lobby which was heavily used by the loungers. In the room there was a cable connection for a daily fee, but the WiFi in the lobby worked fine for me.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly during my 4 night stay and made me feel very much at home. With a very personal touch far from the more industrial smiles you will meet at many other London hotels, I got the best of attention whenever needed. It was a superb pleasure to get pampered by waiters, front desk staff, concierge and housekeeping. And it was the spontaneous, warm smile whenever eye made contact with anyone of the team that will be remembered. Unfortunately I did not have the time to try out the Sanook Spa and sleeping so well got rid of most of the tension anyway.

Breakfast was set in the old waiting hall of the old court, it was plentiful and I specially enjoyed the assortment of fresh fruit every morning.

I am happy to warmly recommend the Courthouse Hotel for your next visit to London, especially if you prefer a hotel with a personal touch and within walking distance of almost everything in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was lovely, but the continental breakfast not worth £19 and £11.20 for a drink was very expensive it's no wonder the bar was mostly empty. We would have loved to have had a drink there. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and the location of the hotel was perfect for what we needed. The other thing that was really good was we were able to leave our case there all day as our train wasn't until 3.30pm excellent

Room Tip: room at the back was lovely and quiet even if there was no view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courthouse Hotel? Share your experiences!