“Very nice location, very friendly service, warm cookie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courthouse Hotel

You added Courthouse Hotel to your Saves list
Courthouse Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19-21 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HL, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #583 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Palo Alto, California
“Very nice location, very friendly service, warm cookie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice. iI is in a great location - especially for shopping.
Wifi is very expensive (although they have free wifi in the lobby.)
Lobby furniture is too low and trendy - and to hard to get up from!!

As part of the Doubletree chain they have nice warm cookies for you every night. Nice tuch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice to see smiling face welcome. Was worried bout our tea after reading reviews her but within 10 minutes we had our champagne, tea and sandwiches on table. Waitress came along twice to check our feedback. Big size sandwich.. Cake with orange flavor and sultanas & hot chocolate syrup come shape pastry enjoyed a lot...considering previous comment their is improvement... Worth a try !!!

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

used gift voucher. delicious food, scallops with strawberry were amazing. Indian lamb chops nice delicious. high standard service. waiter was knowledgable. sat on counsellor and solicitor table. will definetly visit in near future and book juries table.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was surpsrised by my english friend to have an amaizing experience in this fabulous Courthouse Double Tree by Hilton in London . Before scluptural main entrance, we was invited with sharm and elegant stil to step inside, where an athmosfere of luxury , gracious and best natural furnished sale of guest, the staff of Double Tree waiting for us.. Inside, in the intimately iluminated precincts we was invited in a beautifull corner with a small table for two, and benchs, natural skin covered . All of this and tha wall with black/white photos in stil of 60's years decorated transported us into an other world, with more quiet and peace. The reach and sofisticate menu was acompanied by a very good smelling tea, the drink wich enjoy our soul. In short time we was ravish by sweet dreams. And so, we had became so efervescent as the glas of champaine which was ofering in begining. Congratulation and thank you, We come again, soon. Our regards, E.C.& A.R.T

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great, superb hotel.

All the staff especially the front desk staff where very helpfull and accomodating.
Nothing was too much trouble even when we asked for dorections and a place to eat.
WELL DONE !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just beleive what evryone else has wrote on here, bad service, bad food, bad tea and just a massive dissapointment. Took my nan for her birthday & couldnt actually beleive how bad it was, even when we complained just got more of the same.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I am on a 6 night business stay at the hotel & am totally underwhelmed.
The locations is absolutely wonderful (at the end of Carnaby St) which is the only reason I haven't checked out.
I am just astonished by the lack of customer service.

It seems they haven't registered I'm here for 6 nights & that's an opportunity to impress me with how well they take care of their guests. No one offered to help with luggage when I checked in. I'm on the 6th floor which stinks of tobacco smoke (as does my room) but I wasn't asked if I wanted a non-smoking room. Also, the room looks tired & a bit run down - why not put me in a nice room? I'm here for a week!!

There is also some archaic pre-authorization they insisted on putting on my card when I checked in despite my booking being made through the huge global company I work for (which, incidentally, is a few doors away. You would think they'd make the connection & realize there's an opportunity to become a preferred hotel for us!)

The reason I'm writing this review mostly is because they charge GBP15 for in-room wireless. When I explained that, given the length of my stay, that was outrageous, they offered me a rate of GBP 10/day! The Ferndale chain would have waived it in an instant, knowing it's a small price to pay to generate good will & return business. Maybe Hilton haven't figured out the cost of acquiring a customer, or know that people will always share disappointing experiences.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courthouse Hotel? Share your experiences!