“ok and serves a purpose....” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13,460 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“ok and serves a purpose....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have been here a couple of times in the past week. I thought the english breakfast was pretty good for the money - with the exception of the sausage which was horrid. The chicken wings with a choice of dips were nice. The coffee and tea are fine. Wine is expensive (£6.50 for a large pinot grigio) but this price is no worse than the other pub at the station. This place serves a purpose - if you have time to kill whilst waiting for a train it works. But it isn't anything special and the staff vary in their helpfulness.

Visited March 2014

Sussex
“Food service is very quick but..............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I’ve been here a few times and up until my experience on Sunday I would’ve given 4 stars. There are definitely worse station bars to while away a delay in. I ate scampi and chips there a few weeks back and although the portion was small it arrived quickly and was OK – slightly watery/defrosted scampi but nothing that got me riled enough to write a bad review. After a dreadful journey to Paddington on Sunday I was really hungry, so ordered the mushroom ravioli. The ravioli arrived quickly and although it was a tiny portion, it looked stunning and was steaming hot so I tucked in. Took me a while to work out why it wasn’t heated uniformly – and at about the same time my fork hit a frozen bit of ravioli. Yup. The middle of my ravioli was frozen solid – about the size of a 20 pence piece. Come on guys – if you are going to reheat stuff, at least do it properly. It made me feel ill for the rest of my journey. Urgh. I won’t be eating here again – possibly will pop in for a beer as the staff are usually friendly and attentive, but will be going elsewhere within Paddington for food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Wanted a reasonable meal before train journey home. Disappointed no Children's menu so had to order frontage adult. Burger that arrived was still raw inside which didn't impress the kids. On the plus side, service was good but that was the only plus

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Dont”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Unless every where else is full don't bother trying to eat here. I had the chicken ceaser salad. It takes an expert to ruin a salad. Beleive me they have one in the kitchen. The chicken was grilled but god knows when, then reheated in a microwave, the croutons were stale and the dressing to vinegary. Stick to tea and coffee of you can get any service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luton
“Sloe by name and SLOW by service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I only wanted a coffee in reasonably nice surroundings. Order taken and then we just sat waiting. Having spoken with the waitress who confirmed that the order had been passed on, she didn't go to check any further but served another customer. Not impressed. Saw the man operating the coffee machines and he took orders from the bar making them up instantly - long after we'd put ours in. Needless to say, we left.

• Visited January 2014