“Soothed, smoothed and blissful!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #409 of 1,022 Activities in London
London
“Soothed, smoothed and blissful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We loved it. A warm and efficient welcome, with a team of smiling ladies guiding us from peppermint-scented steam room to the heated marble slab where we had our exfoliation, cleanse, massage and rose body mask, then to an already running shower with shampoo etc and clean fluffy towels provided. Cool drinks of water on hand at all times, plus peppermint tea in the cosy relaxation area afterwards.

We've now tried several London spa/massage/hammam offers via companies such as Groupon and Travelzoo and Crystal Palace scores the highest so far, in terms of combined value and enjoyment. We've had some hygiene issues with other establishments, so were impressed to see the constant attention to cleanliness here. The staff were uniformly friendly, efficient and, though the girls performing the treatments obviously don't have much English, they were sweet, skilful and caring in their approach.

Our only complaint would be the tiny changing area, though it's understandable in a central London location where space is at a premium and priority is given to the spa facilities themselves. However, they schedule appointments efficiently to keep clients moving between steam room, turkish bath, shower and changing area, so any 'log jams' tend to be fleeting and one rarely feels rushed.

An important point for me: I have sensitive skin, which reacts as an unfailing barometer of either cheap products or careless massage/exfoliation techniques. Happy to report that it, like me, just felt soothed, smoothed and blissful after our 90 minutes here - undoubtedly we'll be back!

“Wow!!! Worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had to write a review as this was one of the best spa treatments I've had in London, I can assure you I've had my fair share. The staff were amazing and very accommodating. My therapist (Mira) was thorough, exceptionally sweet and made my friend and I very welcome. The problem with most spas they either have the facilities or the staff and in some cases neither. But in this spa we struck gold with both. If I had to give a negative it would be for the slippers which were not disposables, but luckily for me I had my own (OCD alert ; ) but my friend did not. I must say I was slightly apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but I'm so glad I did go as when I left the spa and had only been there for 90 minutes I felt like I had just been on a weekend break.
Well done to all the team, especially Mira. Can't wait to rebook.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lack of understanding and flexibility!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've purchased a £45 voucher for a hammam ritual in this place. I was very excited as I've never experienced hammam before. I have booked an appointment and was looking forward to it, but my sister was born in the day of the appointment, so I understandably completely forgotten about it. I have made a call and apologised to the spa for not turning up and explained the situation, and I wanted to book another appointment, but I've been told that my voucher got cancelled because I didn't turn up and I can't reschedule! SO DISAPPOINTED. One thing that I don't understand is why didn't the spa call me to confirm the appointment beforehand?! Every normal spa or even beauty bar in London does that - they call to confirm the appointment. I feel ripped off and as if this spa isn't as professional as they make out they are. Very poor service.

London
4 attraction reviews
“KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Wonderful experience! Waited in the little relaxation room, then received the spa treatment with my partner. Started in the steam room for 15 minutes then we both entered the massage room and lay together while we received a massage with a difference. Had a blanket of foamy bubbles put all over us and massaged in - wonderful. The chocolate wrap was lovely and relaxing. When finished, the running shower was waiting for us. Would definitely return for another go!

bracknell berkshire
“Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Myself and my partner went for a full hammam treatment with use of a Groupon discounted voucher which was great value.
Great place to relax enjoy and feel like new when you come out.
Will defiantly be back.