“Excellent London Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 1,075 hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent London Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel Xenia is a superb boutique hotel offering excellence in service. My experience was that the staff are focused on ensuring hotel guests have a memorable stay and provide every assistance. As a new hotel the rooms are fitted out to a very high standard with quality bedding and bathroom. Our room had a pleasant outlook. While, like most modern hotels the room was quite small, this did not detract from the overall enjoyment during our 4 day stay.
With one of the principle aims of the trip to London, to visit a number of museums the hotel could not have been better located for the V&A, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. Harrods is also within a short walk.
The hotel's main restuarant was superb and breakfasts provided an unsurpassed selection of quality food. Service was top notch. Unlike many large hotels we were made to feel really welcome by all the staff. We did not find any real fault with any aspect of the hotel. All in all this made for a memorable visit. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Archie P,
Thank you very much indeed for staying with us, and for the time taken to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with my colleagues, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We couldn't fault the look, decor and furnishings, all very plush and modern. The room was tiny, we couldn't both move around at the same time! However the bedding was really nice, beautifully laundered and comfy.

Okay they were the good bits, here goes with the bad bits. Firstly, our bathroom basin was blocked, not just slow to empty but refused to empty. 10 minutes with a plastic fork soon sorted this, but shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. Secondly, although each room has a tablet, the wifi on the fifth floor was a joke, 99% unavailable and then only for about 20 seconds. Not much point in the room being equipped with the tablet in the first place, as it was no use whatsoever.

Lastly, breakfast. We looked forward to our cooked breakfast which had been included in our booking, and made our way to eat at 9am. We were quickly shown to a table where it was confirmed that we had paid for a cooked breakfast, and the lady took our order for tea and coffee, saying that she would return with a menu. So we waited, and waited, and waited. After about twenty minutes we enquired as to where our drinks might be with another member of staff, who returned after five minutes with our drinks (which had obviously been forgotten about earlier). Once again we waited for someone to bother to take our food order. Another fifteen minutes passed and once again we had to ask the same man if he would mind taking our order, he seemed surprised that we hadn't already been asked, as all around us people were being served quite promptly. Finally after another eternity, as my partner had had enough and was heading back to the room, our meal arrived. We finally made it back to our room one hour and twenty minutes after we left it to eat. To say we were unimpressed is an understatement.

A beautiful hotel, but I don't think that our luck was with us this weekend!

Oh, I almost forgot about the fire alarm sounding at 2.05am. Just what we needed..........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Ajay9014,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Xenia and for the time taken to write your review. Your stay was clearly less than perfect, and I apologise for this.
The hotel has only been opened since May, and we are still discovering some technical issues such as WiFi or drains getting blocked, or similar. Our engineering team as well as our IT contractors are dealing with any reported issues as we learn about them. Especially in terms of WiFi - we have taken some measures over the past week or so in order to improve coverage and we are monitoring the situation very closely. In terms of breakfast service - I am very disappointed to read about your experience. Clearly - we haven't provided our usually high standard of service, and I can only apologise again. I would be very keen to talk to you about your stay. As I have no way of contacting you, would you be so kind to get in touch via hotel's number 0207 4 42 42 42 or drop me a line Mario.ovsenjak@hotelxenia.co.uk, I would very much appreciate this. Your feedback is valuable to me as it does provide me with some key areas to focus on moving forward. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you in due course.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm not one for having everything done for me and at Hotel Xenia everyone was tripping over themselves to open doors, walk you to your room etc. Clean and tidy which you'd expect from a new Hotel. Room size was acceptable for London but I bought my room on an offer so I don't think I'd pay full price. Great location just a few minutes walk from Museums and Harrods.

Had my 15 month old son with me and we were treated very well considering they probably aren't that used to having such young children staying.

Will stay again if I can afford a room

Stayed September 2013
HotelXenia, Manager at Hotel Xenia, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear JRCardiffbay,
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for the time taken to post your review via TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your kind comments. I will share them with the team later on this morning. In terms of pricing - our rooms vary in size and amenities, and they are priced accordingly. There are also some seasonal fluctuations. For the best price, please do call us directly on 0207 4 42 42 42 or check hotel's website hotelxenia.co.uk. I would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards
Mario Ovsenjak - General Manager
Harrogate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were pleased to have been given an upgrade to a deluxe room. However, this was small with an equally small bathroom. There was very little space to put anything in either room.

These shortcomings were counterbalanced, though, with some very good features, not least the welcome given by all staff. additionally, everywhere was fresh and clean; good quality towels in abundance; lifts worked efficiently.

A range of cooked dishes was available for breakfast, though this service was rather slow, and the porridge a solid mass when it eventually reached me.

Room Tip: Specify your room requirements before you finalise your booking, though do not expect lots of space.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Katravel,
Thank you for staying with us and for the time taken to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. In terms of room sizes - Hotel Xenia is a Victorian building and as such has a few constraints. Rooms do vary in shape and sizes, and we promise to price and advertise accordingly wherever possible. What we do guarantee is that all our rooms are furnished with exactly the same furniture - such as our comfortable beds, luxurious bedding and bathroom linen, technology such as Samsung tablet with free internet access, free WiFi for your own devices, wireless Bluetooth speakers, and many others. I am particularly delighted that you enjoyed the service provided by my team - thank you for mentioning that. Your feedback is much appreciated and vital to me. Thank you again, and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back at some point soon.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this hotel through one of the secret hotel deals at a very reasonable price in a busy week. The room and bed were small but apart from that this hotel was excellent in every way. Virtually brand new, the service levels were 5 star standard and the furnishings and fittings very good 4 star. The bar was quite expensive but very smart and welcoming, everything brand spanking new, of course. Didn't use the restaurant but that too looked above average. It's just a shame that it is located on one of the least attractive stretches of the noisy, busy, deeply unpleasant Cromwell Road. Soundproofing in the hotel is fine but step outside the door and it's ear-splitting and a nasty suitcase dragging walk to the tube. There are no cafes, bars or restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Earls Court road is the nearest.
But the good news is that because of the location , its likely to be heavily discounted for some time and therefore represents a bargain for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear medocain,
Thank you for your stay with us and for the time taken to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel. In terms of location - Earls Court Road is about 7min walk, Heathrow is approx. 30 min drive, Museums and Royal Albert Hall are all within 15-20 min casual walk from the Hotel. What's more - for those guests who prefer to stay in - we offer late cocktail bar with herb garden called Living Wall. Living Wall also has a well stocked cigar cabinet. We also have residents lounge, healthy Evoluzione Restaurant, entertainment room with pool table & wine tasting facilities as well as 84" 3D TV with BT Sport. We created all of this to give our guests different alternatives to going out, and with hope that we can make everyone feel at home and entertained. Once again, thank you for your feedback, I truly appreciate it and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back at some point soon.

Mario Ovsenjak - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Everything was excellent. Location (2 tube stations nearby).
Seems like a brand new hotel. Contemporary colours etc.
Room was super. (large, small terrace) (bit of noise from the road, but not disturbing).
Free Wifi. always nice.
Nice gimmick : the tablet to discover hotel and environment. Even ordered room service with the tablet. Worked very well.

Breakfast was an excellent continental buffet. Fresh Fruits etc.

Would recommend to everyone...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelXenia, General Manager at Hotel Xenia, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear SergeTript,
Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay with us, and for the time taken to write your review. Your comments are much appreciated by everyone here. I am delighted that you've enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back at some point soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a great stay. The hotel staff are absolutely wonderful they could not do enough for you. the food was great. The room and bathroom was very good. Will go back with out a doubt. Hats off to you .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear seanyreardon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the time taken to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, your comments are appreciated by everyone here.

With kind regards
Mario Ovsenjak, General Manager

Been to Hotel Xenia? Share your experiences!