“Fantastic excellent” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 7706 1444
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pakhtoon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #700 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Description: PAKHTOON The unique food culture a culture dating back to around 500 BC, is testament to human resourcefulness and skill, creating stunning, flavoursome dishes from sparse ingredients in a rugged land.In Indian cuisine you can taste the elemental flavours of the earth, delicately spiced by the Chef. We at Pakhtoon invite you to experience the land of the North West Frontier
“Fantastic excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location nice place nice ambience friendly staff perfect value for money and excellent menu under one roof gud and yummy food even Chef is too friendly and customer oriented

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“couchette restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant, great food it was my first time eating indian food but I had a good experience here , really good food and the restaurant its nice decorated!!!!

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I called in here at 7pm on a Friday evening after seeing the Tripadvisor reviews and was surprised to find it empty! I needn't have worried by the time I left it was half full. I sat by the window since the lighting is quite low and since I was on my own it gave me something to look at :) I noted that some earlier reviewers had mentioned lack of starters, but the first page of the menu was just starters so clearly something has changed:) I ordered a Paneer Tika starter, a small Kingfisher beer and for the main I ordered Tandoori Prawns with Dal Tadka and Tandoori Roti as recommended on the menu. The Panner came with a lovely sauce on the side and was bursting with flavour. The huge prawns were succulent and the taste and texture of the dahl and the lovely roti to mop it up made it a very enjoyable meal. I finished of with a spiced tea, this came as a pot of tea, a jug of milk, and bowl of white and brown sugar cubes which was a nice relaxing way to end the meal. Service was attentive and the manager Jani introduced himself and asked how the meal was before I left, he explained the restaurant had been open about a year and was mainly tourist trade. The bill including the discretionary service charge of 12.5% came to just over 41 pounds but I had chosen the most expensive item for main, so quite reasonable for the quality of food. I'd happily recommend to friends and will definitely return to sample more items on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great service and lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been here a few times now and absolutely love it - they guys provide excellent service with beautifully tasty food!

They claim their chef has worked in different 5 star hotels in India - I can confirm that, the quality of food confirms that. It is rich in flavours, delicious and above all typical Indian.

My favourites are their chicken seekh kebab and daal- one of the best daals, it reminds me of home!

Glad, the place is only a 10 min walk from my place - absolutely love this (2 mins from marble arch).

Highly recommend for true indian food lovers. Their menu is shot and sweet, it is typical north indian, punjabi/delhi style food. Exactly like what you would find in a nice 5 star in India.

Great food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Indian in a city known for excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Beautiful restaurant nestled into the Victory Services Club on Edgeware Road. The food is excellent. Spiced just right.

Friendly service, too!