“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Soho

You added The Nadler Soho to your Saves list
The Nadler Soho
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Carlisle Street | Soho, London W1D 3BR, England (Soho)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Discount
Ranked #10 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Brooklyn
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Nadler Soho is a handsome, modern hotel in an extremely convenient location. It's comfortable and well-designed. I will be happy to stay there again and to recommend it to friends. Staff are friendly and helpful and service is great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Paul W, we would be delighted to welcome you back any time you return to London. Your kind words are much appreciated by all of us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Hebrew first
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Spent one night in a small double room whilst on business. The room was a bit small but well equipped & very quiet. Really comfy bed & efficient air con that I could barely hear. Lovely bathroom with fluffy towels. Free WiFi in the room was a bonus as was the safe. Make sure you check the TV screen as it has lots of local information on restaurants, bars, sights etc. The Kitchenette is a great idea especially the filtered water tap. I didn't have time to shop for breakfast, so ordered from the local deli using the order form left in the room. Muesli, yoghurt & croissant delivered to the room on time & at a fraction of the cost of a regular hotel breakfast. It was lovely. I would definitely stay here again especially since the hotel I usually stay at has raised it prices offering less for more. This is a good value hotel in a great location.

Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hi Boatbum40, it's really great to read your review that mentions so many of the little things that we work on and think about so much, like the layout of smaller rooms so they work conveniently, the mini kitchen with Brita water filters, the on-screen directory, and breakfast that's good value as well as tasty! Its great to see that they really do get noticed and make a difference. With rooms that are really quiet, the a/c needs to be even quieter, as you notice any little noise when there isn't a background drone of traffic! So thank you for noticing and mentioning all those factors!
Yekaterinburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of London. Staff is very helpful, and makes provision of your needs.My single room was very nice and it was everything what I need for my staying in.
Only one thing I didnt like while staying in the basement it was bad connection for making calls from mobile phone. Also in the night I could not sleep very well as there was not enough fresh air from outside whether air-conditioner run properly. For my last night hotel managment upgrated my staying there providing me superior double room out of additional cost.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hello TatyanaChupriya, I am pleased you liked your single room, as we designed them to be really convenient for a short stay. I always stay in one when I visit our hotel in Liverpool, as I find they work so well when you're on your own, and don't need acres of space. There is constant fresh air ducted into all rooms so it shouldn't be stuffy, so I will ask our team to check your room, as well as the mobile signal.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Number 1 - Location, Location, Location! If being in the heart of Soho is your location of choice, then this is the most perfect location in London. With the bars & restaurants that we would regularly frequent when we are in London almost on the doorstep, and close to all the good shopping, theatres etc. the location just couldn't have been better. We didn't even have to buy a tube ticket all w/end so the only transport costs to factor into our trip were for the journeys to and from the airport.

Number 2 - Quality of sleep! Despite it's proximity to everything in Soho, the Nadler is not at all affected by the noise in the street and our room was very quiet. Not only that, but the beds are enormous, very comfortable with great pillows and the room has an air con feature that keeps the room at a very comfortable temperature throughout the night (bearing in mind that our visit was in the height of the July 2013 heatwave, this really was a Godsend!).

Number 3 - Toiletries that you can actually wash your hair with! Usually I would bring my own conditioner to wash my hair when staying at any hotel, but the quality of the toiletries provided by the Nadler meant that I could use theirs - a big plus for w/end packing when you know that you don't need to bother with shampoo & conditioner in a less than 100ml bottle. The size & pressure of the shower along with the large, warm bath sheet towels also made a big difference to the whole bathroom experience.

The Nadler also had a few things that I wouldn't necessarily expect in any hotel - and definitely not in a London hotel where within my budget, rooms are usually very small and without many frills. They had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, filtered drinking water on tap (literally) and also an in room safe. The Hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and I will definitely be returning here on my next visit to London.

Room Tip: We went for a King room to ensure we had a bit more room - definitely worthwhile paying a bit extra.
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear IrishLouise, what a lovely review! Thank you! We are also really pleased we were able to find such a great location for this hotel, and it was worth all the years of looking it took! It is a major advantage to be so central yet so quiet, as a quiet night's sleep,(in a very comfortable bed!) is, after all, what most guests want, above all else! I'm pleased you like the Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, which are free of all the usual nasties. It took lots of testing to decide on what would be best for our guests so its good to hear you approve of our choice! Come back soon!
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Previously we’ve always stayed at Dean Street Townhouse when visiting Soho. In truth, we were planning to go back for this visit but after a stay in April when the carpets and decor were at best shabby and at worst at a standard my dad would be ashamed to put in his garden shed, we decided to look elsewhere. We considered the Soho but the prices were optimistic, to put it mildly. Following a mention in the travel section of the Sunday Times we decided to try Nadler and it’s very good indeed.

Firstly the price, £240 gets you a decent size room with a fantastic bed, adequate bathroom and the real killer bit – a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave, kettle and nespresso machine. This is very good in any hotel but at this price is above and beyond the call of duty.

The hotel is situated just off Soho Square, the road it’s on appears to be a cul – de – sac so there’s no through traffic. Coupled with the absence of bars on the street, this means that you’re in for a very quiet nights sleep. And I mean quiet, you could hear a pin drop at midnight. That’s pretty impressive for a hotel in the centre of London.

We stayed during the July heatwave, the air-con was spot on got the room to a comfortable temperature in no time. Staff are great – they’ve really done their customer service homework and got it off to perfection.

The hotel business is hard, you’ve got to stand out in a place like London or you’ll simply fade away. Nadler has the right idea, it knocks into a cocked hat the over priced rivals – Soho – and the jaded and shabby places that are taking people for granted – Dean Street. I hope it succeeds, the Soho hotel scene will be better for it if it does.

And my ‘phone charger didn’t blow up either...

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room at the back, it was very quiet as a result. Can't speak for the front...
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hi Karl T, thank you for your super review and good wishes! I am very happy that the mini kitchen ticked the box for you, as its at the heart of what differentiates us from other hotels, especially now we have added Brita water filters. I'm pleased your phone charger worked fine too! With the USB charging point on the desk, our intention is to make it as easy as possible for our guests. Come back soon!
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Right in the heart of London's west end - a few minutes walk from Tottenham Road tube. Gorgeous modern design and facilities. Only a month old - much nicer (and cheaper) to stay in compared with the old building and facilities in most London hotels. Staff are genuinely positive and keen to help with whatever you need. We are so happy we found this place and thoroughly recommend to everyone!

Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hi Cathy H, we are also equally happy you found us! Thanks for the kind words, especially about our staff. Its really encouraging for them to feel appreciated like this! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had booked at the Nadler in Kensington, but the air conditioning in our room had broken and London was at its hottest. At midnight they moved us, at their expense, to the Nadler Soho, gave us an excellent room, and maintained the original prices. Very impressive. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello Shakespeare357, on behalf of both The Nadler Kensington and Soho, thank you for your kind review! I am sorry you had to move and thank you again for your understanding. I am pleased that you enjoyed Soho. The two areas are quite different and each have special qualities, which we enjoy sharing with our guests. We look forward to seeing you again at either (or both) hotel!

Been to The Nadler Soho? Share your experiences!