“WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu
96 Trafalgar Road | Greenwich, London SE10 9UW, England (Greenwich)
+(44)02088589317
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic evening.. staff very nice and friendly. We ordered our food sushi platters omg.. it was so yummy would recommend this place to friends. Chef is great he prepares fresh food and very kind and as time to come round to tables and asks if u enjoyed the food.. we tryed the green bean salad and butter milk prawns .. and again it was delicious will be returning with friends or family This restaurant is the best food I ever taste.

London, United Kingdom
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Zaibatsu deserves all the positive reviews it has received. The restaurant is very basic but the food more than makes up for it. The waiter was very helpful and the chef made regulars trip out of the kitchen to talk to customers.

The volcano rolls and tempura black cod were highlights and the prices are very good.

If your more interested in the location than the food then this place might not be for you - we will definitely be going back!

Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this place for a birthday for the 10 of us and although we took up the whole restaurant we had a fantastic time. The food was well presented and tasted nice especially for the price.
I do have to stress I think this place was great for the prices and I don't think you can get anything better in value without paying a premium.

Tips:
Do book in advance as they fill quickly as it is small
It is a 10-15min walk from the nearest tube station so plan your travel.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi Surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading reviews I thought I would take a chance & book this for a surprise for my boyfriends birthday last night...I'm soooo glad I did. It's not fancy inside or out, but the food is just beautiful.
I am new to the sushi experience so helpful advice and recommendations from the friendly staff was much appreciated. The chef also came out to meet us, which was a lovely touch.
The only thing that I would change would be the music... English & American pop songs seemed out of place here. Perhaps some Japenese pop music would be a good alternative.
Make sure you bring some booze along with you, try the dragon rolls & leave room for the chocolate fondant!!

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A birthday dinner made more special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came here with my family for my sister's birthday - we enjoyed some mains and a shared plate of sushi. The sushi was fantastic, and learned from our neighbouring diners that the sushi creations available were well worth getting.
A mention of my sister's birthday to the waitress at the start of dinner resulted in a surprising birthday ceremony, with music, dimmed lights and a birthday candle and personally signed card from head chef Dickson - it really made the experience a special and memorable one for us all. I will definitely be going back to try more sushi!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere