“best steak ever...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rancho Grill

The Rancho Grill
8A Sackville Street | Piccadilly, London W1S 3DF, England (Mayfair)
02036090685
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rancho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,374 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Based in the bustling heart of Piccadilly Circus, The Rancho Grill runs as a steak house, serving up melting steaks straight from the grill. With a menu compiled by the Times's 17th best steak chef in Europe, diners can choose from courses such as rosy-pink Argentinian fillet or rump steak, topped off with extras including fried eggs, pepper sauce and thick-cut chips.
Montreal, Canada
“best steak ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The restaurant is well situated in the center of London, easy to find. the staff was very nice, even the cook came to see us. the steak was the best I ever ate in my life, I had the filet mignon. the wine was excellent. the price was affordable. I would recommend this restaurant any time

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Best Value Steak in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Lovely little place. Staff are friendly and welcoming but the real star is the steak... I think it is the best quality / value steak in London.

I had a 450g Filet with a side plate of grilled Veg and for me that was ideal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious stake and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I decided to book the restaurant for a informal meeting, as it was highly recommended a few weeks earlier. We were not disappointed, the stake, salads and even the chips were delicious, the wine was an excellent choice, recommended by the manager.
The table given to us was perfect for a work/dinning experience.

I noticed in the menu that ceviche was also offered so I am planning to visit soon with friends and family

Visited April 2014
Marden, United Kingdom
“STEAK!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

In London with my Daughter and her friend and all they wanted to do was go to TGIFs. Unable to get in there and knowing my Daughter loves Steak we went on to Gaucho, then Rowleys and no luck in getting a table. I'd seen Rancho previously once when taking a short cut logged it as a future option. It was very early and Rancho was empty so difficult to judge the speed of service. Despite being in the heart of the West End, it does feel a little spun and also gave the impresion that it wouldn't take much for disorganisation to take over. However, the food and inparticular the steak was excellent. The range of steaks were brought to our table for us to choose our cut and beyond that, there isn't much else to choose. The sauces are a bit small and over priced, but if your looking for Steak and Chips you could do a lot worse. I don't feel I'm selling this very well, but we did come away having enjoyed what felt an authentic Argentinian experience without the higher costs at The Gaucho. Give it a whirl!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of Londons best for steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been to many Argentinian restaurants outside Argentina and this place rank high among the restaurants we have visited. In general I am very picky regarding steaks and I am very satisfied tonight. Ribeye steak cooked to perfection (read rare).
Compared to Gaucho this place is a winner. Friendly staff, service minded and knowledgeable. The Rancho Grill comes highly recommended.