“Really delicious, priceworthy Japanese food. Best sushi I ever had.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eat Tokyo

Ranked #2,065 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Really delicious, priceworthy Japanese food. Best sushi I ever had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a bento box with sashimi, teriaki chicken, grilled salmon and miso soup and sushi rice on the side. Everything tasted like heaven, best I ever tasted. My husband had different types of sushi every piece prepared perfectly with generous amounts of fish on every nigiri. Again the taste was superb.

The service was kind, effective and I have no complaints. Price level reasonable.

All in all I truly recomend this restaurant I will return next time I am in London for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“My Favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have eaten at a couple of restaurants in the small Eat Toyko franchise but the Holborn branch is my absolutely favourite.

The last time that I ate there I had one of the bento boxes which was just fantastic. The price seemed a little steep at £16 but for the amount of food that I ended up eating and the fantastic quality, it was was absolutely worth it!

I love getting to sit at the bar and watch the chef at work. I've only ever visited at lunchtime on a Saturday, when the restaurant is relatively quiet. As someone who has visited Japan and will be doing so again, I really enjoy watching the short films of Japanese life looping on the television above the bar. To me, stepping into the restaurant feels like stepping into a little piece of Japan. To be greeted with a friendly 'irrashaimase' and bid farewell with a pleasant 'arigtou gozaimashita' is a real treat!

My favourite meal for value is the salmon teriyaki don. The teriyaki sauce is the best I've ever tasted, the salmon skin is crispy and delicious (I always save it for last) and the rice is the perfect consistency for chopsticks. Plus it comes with miso. It'll fill you right up and at only £9 is great value for London.

The bento boxes are, as I mentioned before, quite a bit pricier but you certainly get your money's worth! My recent £16 box included salmon teriyaki, three pieces of salmon sashimi, three pieces of tuna sashimi, salad, and seven pieces of tempura, which included ebi, salmon, mushroom, courgette, sweet potato and squash. The box was served with rice, miso and stock for dipping the tempura. It was an absolute treat!

The staff at this particular branch are lovely. I've always received good yet unobstrusive service, same as I'd expect in Japan.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this particular branch of Eat Tokyo to anyone who wants an authentic taste of Japan in London!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thornhill, Canada
“You Know It's Good when the Japanese Eat There”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I have been there several times. This time the ownership had changed; however the quality of the sushi is still excellent. Good service from friendly, motivated staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent sushi and excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The restaurant is located approx a 5-7 min walk from Holborn Station. I booked a table there on a Saturday evening at 7pm, we were seated in a nice intimate booth and I have to say the restaurant was very nice. It wasn't too busy at that time but by the time we left at 8pm it was starting to get very busy. The ground floor as you walk in has the chefs on display with a bar so you can watch them at work. Then upstairs is the main seating area for the restaurant. The service was very good, very attentive waitresses although they don't give you much time to peruse the "novel" of a menu! The menu itself is very extensive and offers an amazing selection of Japanese delicacies. We ordered a couple of sets of sushi and a couple of glasses of plum wine and I can safely say it's some of the best sushi I have tasted. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would gladly return if I'm in the area. The food and drinks are also very reasonably priced considering it's in Central London. If you're in the area and fancy some authentic sushi and Japanese cuisine then give this place a go, you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from an excellent business lunch at this very good Japanese restaurant in central Holborn. The ambience was vert peaceful and tranquil. The food very fresh and delicious,although the service was a little on the relaxed side. Prices seemed reasonable for this central location. If in the area this is a place well worth a vist.

Visited July 2013