“Excellent, worth it. One of the best in England” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Five Fields

The Five Fields
8-9 Blacklands Terrace, London SW3 2SP, England (Chelsea)
+44 20 7838 1082
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Fields is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, worth it. One of the best in England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

It was great, legendary food. The service is good, the food great, the place good. I really love it. Worth wasting here.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear EdwardReviews,

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us. "Legendary" food is certainly a wonderful compliment, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the whole experience.

• Korean first
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food , with full flavours to match and the scallops were just the right temperature , ie hot,

Service just a but too overkill , and the decor needs bringing up time date.

Toilets should be attended to more frequently, but overall very nice dining.

Visited February 2014
Dear Mark D,

I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed your evening with us. The starter of Orkney scallops with pistachio and cauliflower is a wonderful dish full of different textures and flavours, so I'm really glad you found them to your liking.

I must apologise if you found the service too much for your liking though. We have a young passionate team full of enthusiasm for everything we do and absolutely love sharing the excitement with our guests.

The décor is elegant and understated, but understandably not to everyone's tastes.

I do very much hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

London
“Not for the chop-house eater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

That is: Wonderful, of its kind. Each individual element delicious, beautifully presented, exquisitely arranged. Smears and dabs; foams and mosses; whimsical. Or -- Food as a ransom note: Every garnish a different letter, every letter a different font (mind you, each on its own perfect). The antidote to twelve-point justified-margins Times New Roman roast dinners.

However, while content like PAY OR DIE immediately vaults the reader's attention beyond details of typography ("Ooh! Is that Baskerville? I haven't seen Baskerville in years!"), with a meal like yesterday evening's those at table are at risk of cuisine-induced attention deficit disorder -- and must truly work to grasp the chef's theme, work harder, certainly, than when presented with meat-and-two-veg. An odd sensation, looking at a clean plate and wondering -- Were we worthy of that dish? Did we appreciate it properly, did we achieve the intended synthesis? One feels so coarse-fibred.

The wine list offers lovely things. We passed up a Charles Joguet in favour of a Moric and were well pleased; bottles from the Burgenland are unusual in Britain, and that the restaurant's buyers range so far east impresses me.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Koermendi,

Thank you very much for your wonderful and (as a fan of stream of consciousness writing)entertaining review of your evening with us.

It sounds as though you and your guest had a delightful evening.

Our Sommelier, Nicolas, has put together a fantastic list filled with some real interesting gems - including the Moric you enjoyed so much.

I hope we're able to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Attention to every last detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I live a stones throw from this restaurant and I pass by it every day. My husband and I watched as it was constructed and we liked the look of the place. When my husband made the reservation, I went in with mediocre expectations. It seems as though so much in our Chelsea neighborhood is slightly better than average with a high price tag. It was a wonderful surprise to be impressed by the food, the setting, and the service. We went with friends and all four of us were delighted by the experience. The room was definitely fancier than I had originally expected, but the service was on point and not stuffy. The beauty of the presentation was not outdone by the taste. Dare I say I actually enjoyed my food better than the Fat Duck?! At the end of the meal we went upstairs to have a drink in a quiet library setting. Very impressive!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Purposeandtravel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, and I'm very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your evening with us.

I'm also very glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Our intention is to be, first and foremost, a neighbourhood restaurant - though a world class neighbourhood restaurant worthy of such a wonderful part of London.

The lounge upstairs really is a great asset, so I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nightcap to round off your evening.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This meal was sensational. We booked from Australia 6 weeks prior, and were eagerly awaiting our night out with 2 of our adult children. Everything was perfect, from the attentive waiters, to the food. We ordered the 3 course menu, and all had different meals. The food was amazing and we were all extremely happy with our choices, with no menu envy in sight. We were served little extras before during and after the meal, and all were so tasty, even the bread rolls were delicious. This really was a ' Fine Dining Experience', and I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a memorable place to enjoy some really imaginative and very delicious food.

Visited April 2014
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for leaving your review, and I'm really pleased you and your family enjoyed your evening with us.

Having all had different dishes, it's wonderful that you all equally enjoyed your choices as well as all the extras.

If I remember correctly your Daughter is currently living in London, so I hope that we're able to welcome you all back when you next visit, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the entire team.