“Excellent, yet again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Five Fields

The Five Fields
8-9 Blacklands Terrace, London SW3 2SP, England (Chelsea)
+44 20 7838 1082
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Fields is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
London
“Excellent, yet again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times and it still maintains an excellent level of quality. The service is wonderful, being friendly and informative at the same time as totally professional. We took some friends who are still raving about the experience. All the food was excellent (quail was the table's winner for starters with the fallow deer winning the main course). The desserts seem to have changed slightly which we felt was for the better - a most sublime chocolate tart!

With the canapés, amuse bouche, pre- dessert appetiser and sweeties with the coffee it really is excellent value for money - unfortunately we always seem to drink too much!!!!

A super restaurant which cannot be recommended highly enough.

Visited February 2014
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear WendyLondon,

Thank you so much for your second review - I'm very pleased we've been able to keep up the standards.

It's also great to get feedback as you had been in when we first opened and could see how everything has evolved.

The Quail with Aubergine, Field Mushrooms and Black Garlic is a relatively new dish, so I'm pleased it nipped the others starters to the lead, and the Chocolate Tart with Stout Ice Cream... what's not to like?!

I'm so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your evening with us, and I very much looking forward to welcoming you back next time.

• Korean first
“Well worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We battled our way through wind, rain and District Line engineering works to the oasis of calm that is The Five Fields. Amazing food, from the delicious little amuses bouches to the limited but excellent seasonal menu. As our friend said, it is unusual to look at a menu and want to order absolutely everything you see. The service was warm, friendly and attentive but not overly so. The acoustics in the room are perfect, unlike most London restaurants, so we felt able to converse with each other without having to shout or lip-read. The only thing we might have changed was the heating, as the room became quite warm. Having said that our lovely waitress attended to it immediately when we mentioned it.
All in all...wonderful. Thank you to The Five Fields staff and chefs.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Caroline L,

Thank you so much for your review - and indeed for battling through on public transport! I'm so pleased it was worth the palaver.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed everything, though sorry you couldn't try the entire menu. Perhaps next time we might tempt you with our tasting menu which is a great way to sample quite a selection of dishes (ten courses at the moment).

I will be sure to pass your thanks and compliments to everyone here, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

london, uk
“A wonderful night - memorable and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had arranged to take my wife as part of her Christmas present and I am so glad I did. The ambience was excellent if not a little quiet when we started at 6:45 and we chose to have the tasting menu which was a delight. There were many excellent courses particularly of note was the steak tartare, the scallop, the langoustine (we were the first diners to ever have that course) and the lamb and rhubarb (I was the first to have this too). The service was well-drilled yet relaxed and friendly. The chef patron spoke to us at the end of a truly great evening. We will be back !! Thanks to you all

Dear markjg65,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I'm so pleased that you were able to join us and treat your wife as a Christmas present.

The Lamb with Rhubarb and Black Olive was indeed a brand new dish on the evening you visited, as was the Langoustine with Chorizo and Butternut Squash, so it's great to have such positive feedback. Much appreciated!

I do hope that we'll be able to welcome you back again soon and I look forward to it.

London, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant and service in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We've lived in London for almost two years and have dined in most of the top restaurants.
The Five Fields wins hands down - service, food, presentation, wines, atmosphere - and in our opinion beats most Michelin starred restaurants here.

From making a reservation via email because we couldn't get a booking online - prompt polite response to the warm greeting at the restaurant - we suspected a special evening. The service was superb - friendly and knowledgeable which made us feel right at home. The menu is fixed price - two choices of 3 course or tasting menu. Lovely amuse bouche and outstanding breads (particularly the buttermilk bread). The foie gras starter was delicious and beautiful and the quail with truffle was outstanding. Mains were lamb and monkfish - great food. We highly recommend and can't wait to return.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Steve and Cathy,

What wonderful compliments, thank you very much.

I'm so pleased we were able to accommodate the booking. I would always suggest giving us a ring directly if there aren't any tables available on-line. We'll do everything we can to fit you in if we are able.

I'm glad you enjoyed the evening from start to finish and everything in between. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to the entire team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing - best restaurant in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My fiancé took me to The Five Fields to celebrate a special occasion, and we had an amazing evening.

The food was fantastic, and the wine matched to each course also brilliant. The sommelier took the time to tell us about each wine and why it was chosen for each course.

The evening was not cheap, but it really was worth every penny. The dining atmosphere is intimate, and I would especially recommend it for couples and small groups.

Since our visit, I have recommended the restaurant to anyone who mentions having something to celebrate. All those who have also been have reported back equally delightful experiences.

TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear FoodieSELondon,

I'm so pleased you and your fiance enjoyed your evening with us, and that we were able to help make it memorable.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the tasting menu, and the matching wines make a wonderful complement to the evening with some very interesting and surprising discoveries.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends, and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.