“Great food, reasonable price ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great food, reasonable price ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Poppep in for lunch with my wife last Saturday, I had salmon teriyaki bento, which comes with salad, dumpling, rice , grilled salmon and miso soup, the salad dressing was amazing, the service was great.

It was my first time to eat in this restaurant, may not easy to find it when passing by , cause a bus stop located in front the shop.

Anyway, I was happy with the food, will definitely back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Tried this new 'Japanese' restaurant - prices ok, but food rubbish. The worst was the 'soba', about six pounds for ramen rom a packet, probably super noodles (they were curly like super noodles). There was some generic sweet and sour veg served with the 'soba' and the udon. Everything else was so so, not horrible but just not great at all.

Actually, none of it was horrible, it was just annoying that they pass something cheap and uninspiring off as something it clearly is not.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had lunch at Midori.
Both my partner and myself ordered Ramen (Chinese style noodle soup). Mine was miso based and my partner soy sauce based soup, both were blunt like warm water and with soggy tasteless noodles almost like overcooked pasta. We did not like them at all.
When we expressed our dissatisfaction with the ramen, the waiting staff was helpful, did not make any fuss and said we could order something else (we only had a few mouthfull of ramen).
My partner had Eel fried rice instead and I, Tofu curry. My partner liked his a lot and I was really happy with my curry. It tasted like how the Japanese curry-rice should be! Too bad my curry arrived good 10minutes late and the fried rice got a lttle cold by the time we started eating.

However, it was a good experience overall. Good service and good food, price very reasonable. We will come back.
Just avoid the ramen....

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a treat for my 82 year old Mum, who had never eaten Japanese food before. She loved it and so did my wife and I.

The interior is sparse, but warm and welcoming, as are the lovely staff. The menu is a mixture of Japanese and Korean and certainly at least one of the staff hails from Korea.

The gyoza was good - we had steamed and fried - and the spicy beef yaki was superb; tender beef beautifully seasoned and cooked to tender perfection.

The ladies both opted for salmon teriyaki, which was exceptional. I went for the salmon and tuna deluxe sushi set and was delighted with the quality of fish and the excellent presentation.

The house red was a Baron d'Arignac vin de pays d'oc 2011, a budget wine if ever there was one. It was, however, a very pleasant surprise; easy-drinking, mellow and fruity.

I have seen criticism on this site of the green tea, but it was fine.

The black sesame ice cream was delicious.

The staff were friendly and could not have been more helpful and attentive.

The bill came to £80 including service for three of us. About right, I'd say. This is not budget dining.

We'll be back

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly service with average sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

As a lover of sushi I have to say this place is very much so average although a cut above the Hi sushi and other chains. The service is very good. The wine is not so good especially by the glass. They use a lot mayo in the rolls which is a shame and the sashimi is nothing fantastic but I do trust the quality which is more than you can say for most chains. If you want proper sushi head over to Jin Kichi in Hampstead. When we lived there we went at least once a week. It's very much so a local haunt but don't think it will be glamorous. It's gritty and small and you will be getting to know your local patrons because you will nearly sat on them but the sushi is sublime.

• Visited August 2013