“American in London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Boar

Blue Boar
37-45 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9LQ, England (Westminster)
+44 20 3301 1400
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Boar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,473 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Blue Boar offers contemporary British dining in the heart of Westminster. Head Chef Rob Stephens combines fresh, regional ingredients to deliver a mouth-watering menu that celebrates the very best of what each British season brings. Farm sourced succulent meats and freshly caught seafood from the Devon and Cornwall coastline feature on a menu that is as perfect for a light lunch as it is for a decadent dinner. Private dining at Blue Boar is particularly special with two exceptional spaces, connected to the main restaurant by a floor-to-ceiling wine wall. Blue Boar Bar is a sophisticated take on the traditional British pub and is locally recognised as the hub of the Westminster Village. With locally brewed craft beers and ales, a fine selection of wines and spirits and an ever-evolving cocktail list, the bar offers an exceptional setting where guests can take in the rich heritage of the Westminster scene. Head Chef Rob Stephens' Bar and Late Night menus focus on simplicity and seasonality as a perfect food accompaniment, whilst the bar's Private Drinking Room can be booked for those that require the ultimate discrete table.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
“American in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a place to take people aka children who do not want to branch out. The food is passable, the service is very good and the setting is acceptable but generic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Finland
“nice bar good quality restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Friendly staff, very excellent toilets, nice pint and burgers, sunday brunch is experience what liked to experience

Visited June 2013
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Jimmy2712

Many thanks for the review of your recent visit to Blue Boar Smokehouse & Bar and I am pleased you enjoyed your visits especially Sunday Brunch.

I do hope on your next visit to London you will visit us again.

Lincolnshire
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great food and ambience. We arrived half an hour early but were able to go straight to our table. Only complaint was the wine recommendation - between us we tried different sweet wines with desert. One person had a not very sweet dessert and asked for a recommendation. I had actually thought it would be difficult to match to a dessert wine, but the waiting staff thought not. The result was the sweetest wine of all which certainly did not go with the dessert. This smacked of trying making money rather than providing a good service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear MytripsLincolnshire

Thank you for the review of your recent visit to Blue Boar Smokehouse and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in particular the food. Please accept my apologies if the recommendation for dessert wine was not to your liking, we carry out weekly wine tastings and food matching with our suppliers and I will use the feedback to focus on desserts in the future.

I do hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Hornchurch, England, United Kingdom
“Stick to the ribs....ha ha!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ive never been to a similar restaurant and was quite looking forward to this visit. I went with 4 friends. For starter I had cornish sardines which to be frank were delicious. My main was the rack of lamb. To be frank once again, this was a joke, I think there was more meat on my starter than on these two miniscule ribs which came with a tiny dollop of mint salad. I had extra potatoes. I was so disappointed. My friends had various pulled meats and one had a large pork chop , all had bigger portions than me. I think my friends were reasonably pleased with their food but thought it was a bit over priced. Most of the people on here who think its marvelous seem to have had ribs etc so perhaps we should have. Advice to Blue Boar, stick to what you know. Overall..disappointing, however good atmosphere and good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Paul D

Thank you for the review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar Smokehouse and I apologise if certain dishes did not meet your expectations.

Our team review all feedback constantly to ensure we meet our highest standards and as such the lamb dish has now been replaced for our Summer menu. As you suggest, the ribs have been very well received since our opening last year and I do hope you will visit us in the future to give them a try!

London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Brunch at the Blue Boar was amazing from start to finish and such a bargain! The unlimited starters and desserts were gorgeous and so was the main I ordered from the al la carte (I had pulled lamb which was delicious!) The unlimited bucks fizz went down a treat and unlike some places that do “unlimited” but don’t really want you to have more then 2 or 3 they were very generous. The staff were all lovely, very friendly and helpful and there was a guy singing with his guitar which was a nice touch. I loved it and will definitely be going back ASAP!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear CharleeJ

Thank you for the review of your most recent Brunch at Blue Boar Smokehouse and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon with us.

I do hope it won't be too long before you visit us once again.