“The best food in Islington?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen

Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen
11-13 Theberton Street, London N1 0QY, England (Formerly Como3 Cantina Chic)
+44 20 7354 2341
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #345 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Bar, International, Spanish, Contemporary, Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Tinto, we believe that variety is the spice of life. All our dishes are starter size and designed with sharing in mind. All our ingredients are fresh and lovingly prepared. Remember, sharing is caring.
London, United Kingdom
“The best food in Islington?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice now and both times I have been impressed by the quality of the food at this price point. Its clear the head chef knows his craft well and this is reflected in the standard of the food at Como 3. On my last visit I had the pork belly which was simply divine, the dauphinoise potato and sweet honey mustard glaze were perfect accomplishments to the pork which was expertly cooked and flavoured. Portions appear restrained but the reality is they are perfectly judged according to the dishes richness.

I often get disappointed with deserts in London restaurants as they often appear as an afterthrought, no so at Como 3 where the courses seem to get better and better (and the starters are very good), the apple tarte tatin was one of the best I have had anywhere and the first mouthful made an impromptu wow from me to my guest.

There is some slight confusion over Como 3's concept but the menu appears to be adapting quickly to locals and it offers a refreshing contrast to other restaurants in the area. The icing on the cake for me would be an improved atmosphere, which would come from more bums on seats, something that this little Islington gem rightly deserves.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Strasbourg, France
“Finally something different in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The first time I was in this very nice little restaurant in the Angel area, I had the chance to taste a mix of delicious tapas with a japanese influence. I was back in London a few days ago, and of course I went back to Como 3. The menu has evolved, and now includes more main dishes. I opted for a black squid ink risotto (that had crispy squid on it), and pork belly, served with a "gratin dauphinois", as a main course. The two were absolutely delicious. The waitress (a young spanish girl), suggested a Rioja red wine that was absolutely perfect with the food (actually so good I had half a bottle of it!). All this for a really reasonable price! I like this restaurant because it's simply not the usual tatty, false styled restaurant (as you may find many in London today). It is simple, straightforward and everything is absolutely home-made. I definitively recommend it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a very nice Tuesday dinner in this place with a excellent wine!

The first thought what I could see in this place it was the good designe! Simple but brilliant,my favorite is the hand made lights everywhere, bec whit them the restaurant have a nice athmosphere.

My first surprise it was a big variations with the wine list, I can travel everywhere in the world,then I had some of the "Mini" Starters, they are very thorough job.
My favorites were the:"Mini duck filet skewer" and the "Mini pork belly".

The Main it was excellent! I really like filet but no much place can do very well, but they can do it here! I had a:"Scottish Beef Filet"

I'm not a big dessert person, but bec everything it was good before I want to try the dessert as well, so I had a "New York cheese cake". Very very nice! I think in the future I will be a dessert person!

The waitresses all very nice and always smiling, the owner Pierre personally came to my table to asked me about the service and all!

I had a maximal attention in this place!

Thank you very much for all of the Commo3 staff, you made it my boring Tuesday night a very special night!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“utterly shocking ruined my sister hen do”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

worst dining experience I have ever had, where to start,

1. didnt get drinks menu for half an hour at least had to ask for them to get us menus
2. if you are a large group pre booked you all have to have the same menu you cannot chose
3. the portions are tiny
4. drinks are overpriced and not made as conventionally should be i.e a cognac with ice?
5. the restuarant messed up our order and gave us half the food but argued that we had had the correct amount
6. the cheesecake is advertised as new york cheese cake but it is just a pile of unset mush.
7. the ratio of staff per table was abysmal 2 waitresses for the whole restaurant.
8. you get charged a service charge to stand at the bar even if you have booked a table
9. a service charge of 2.50 is added over 6 people- which I wouldnt mind if the service warrented it.

Do not eat here!!! if your hungry and dont like getting ripped of or incompetence.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having arrived at 7.30pm for a hen do meal we waited about 40 minutes when in the end we decided we'd had enough of waiting to be asked if we wanted a drink and asked them to take our order. We then proceeded to wait a long time to get these drinks..
We were expecting Tapas dishes that had been organised between the restaurant and the organiser throughout the week.
When it finally started to come out there was just 5 croquettes (1 dish between 4 people in some cases) the next dish (which we waited for again) was 1 dish between 2 of us a very small burger, not sure what the meat was, a few chips and a bit of salad. After another wait we got a 'Jewish' cheesecake - this apparently means that the mascapone isnt set.
Obviously we complained , we did not pay the £45 service charge that was expected and we did receive some sort of a refund, but alot of the organisers time was spent trying to get this refund and she was very upset by the whole experience. We got out of there at 10.45pm, still feeling very hungry and thirsty. Will not be heading back there any time soon!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere