“Delicious and personal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Delicious and personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I live around the corner from Les Douceurs and when I finally discovered it, I was in heaven! The smell that hits you in the morning with you open the door it the most beautiful, fresh bread smell. I adore the fresh, flaky croissants - the best you can get in London short of hopping on the EuroStar. I also enjoy Dimitra's fresh homemade breads, the olive bread is one of my favorites, but she has plenty to choose from. I also enjoy the line of teas she carries, the mint tea is like velvet on your tongue, I can't find it anywhere else!
Recently Dimitra has started serving dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, I tried it last night on a balmy, London summer night and was so overwhelmed with the experience. We sat outside to enjoy the summer air while we sipped on a bottle of wine we brought that they kept in the frig for us - they don't serve alcohol, but encourage you to bring your own. We started out the the courgette carpaccio and the duck pancakes. If you are thinking you will only be served classic French meals, as Dimitra was trained in France, you are wrong. SHe has a lot of fun and experiments with her food. The duck pancakes were composed of a duck stiry fry with strong Asian influences on a flat, hard pancake that reminded me of a Mexican corn tortilla. The courgette carpaccio was light and flavorful with grated parmigiano, cracked black peppers and spinach tossed together in a light olive oil and lemon dressing - all perfect for a warm summer night. For the main course we had the roasted pork belly accompanied with tempura potatoes and bok choy and the pan seared code with roasted potatoes, green bean and a beautifully light green salad with tomatoes and eggs. My partner who doesn't usually like cod was fighting me for more as it was very delicate, but full of flavors. We topped off our meal with two desserts, the apricot pudding and the brandy walnut pudding. The apricots perfect balance to the pudding and the brandy walnut was beyond moist - we were in heaven!
All of this, two appetizers, two mains, and two desserts cost us both £45! For the quality and quantity of food we had I would have paid £45 each for it, it really was that good.
On top of all of this Dimitra is friendly, helpful, and full of passion for her food. Go there twice and she will remember you and you will be a regular, it is one of those authentic neighborhood experiences that we all seek, but can rarely find... you will find it here!

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Croissants and other sweets in the morning, a gourmet dinner in the evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm Portuguese and one thing that I miss ever since I moved here is good bread. That problem was solved when I happened upon this cute french bakery one day. Dimitra has great breads but she does not stop there, her croissants are one of my favourites, the chocolate cigars as well. At least once a week my partner and I pass by there to get our breakfast and a tea on our way to work and it's a great start of the day.
A couple of weeks back Dimitra started also serving a set dinner and we went last night. A romantic place, with outside seating as well for this great summer weather, she served us with true gourmet food, a mix of french cuisine with asian influences, all without the exorbitant price tag that comes with the combination of "London" and "Gourmet"!
The food was fabulous, but please note that she does not sell alcohol. The good thing is that you can bring your own vintage!
I would highly recommend this great intimate place to anyone I know.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great little place - definitely visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I live just down the road from this sweet little bakery, and can't recommend it enough. Great food, and every cake I have tried has been amazing! Now open for dinner over the weekend, I went two weeks ago - give it a try. The food was excellent quality for £20 a head, and I was also really impressed with the portion sizes. Being able to take your own wine as well makes it both a top class and affordable evening.

Have a chat with Dimitra when you're there, she puts everything she has into this restaurant and it really shows.

“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It is one of the most enjoyable places you can find in London. Better book in advance, It is very Tiny but incredibly good. The food is just fantastic and the local, decorated in an old style cafe makes you feel you are in small town in France. Try talking with the chef and you will understand why the food is so tasty. She loves cooking! The price is also great. 3 course meal for 20 pounds per person plus 2,5 if you bring in your own wine. It can't be any better than that. Just go and try it!

London
“Top Quality Set Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just when I thought this place could not get any better, Dimitra now opens for dinner on Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings. Excellent value for such top quality food. Choice of two starters and two mains all cooked to perfection. Best calamari ever! Make sure you leave room for one of her fantastic desserts too. Added bonus is you can take your own vintage. So lucky to have this establishment on my doorstep.