“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well i am pleased i read the bad reviews before going - it made it better. to be fair the service was polite quick and efficient. the favours of the food was lacking, portion size was ok and presentation was ok. all seemed clean. would go again but there are much better places to eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

having read some of the reviews fo this restaurant, have to ask. Do some people have no tastebuds?.

Do not go in!!! having ordered a mixed grill i settled in for the customary wait for any grilled food. Grilled food should not turn up with 5 minutes after you order it, nor should the meat have cold zones (which tells me it may have been nuked) and smothered in hot sauce. Because of this the rest of my day was ruined as I got food poisoning.

As an asian man I love hot and spicy food, the hotter the better in my opinion, but this was ridiculous. I got the impression the restaurant ethos is to cram as many people in as possible and then rush people out. you can tell by how quick they bring the food to you and the attitude of the waiter in taking your order...

Restaurant owner take note! GRILLED FOOD TAKES TIME TO COOK... if I wanted pre made food i would have gone to a supermarket. and thanks for the food poisoning.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“I don't know what the fuss is about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

With Mobeen on Green Street closing, I was looking for a place to get my meals from on green street. After seeing loads of people inside grill garden, I thought I'd check it out. I ordered a few mixed grills and some mocktails. I am a huge grill fanatic but this grill was awful. The food didn't taste nice at all! There was what seemed to be blood in the chicken wings and undercooked. Even the chips were a disappointment. It was as if someone popped down to Iceland and brought some McCain chips. Finally the mocktails. They were warm. Did the waitress forget to put ice in? I think so. I don't think I have found a Mobeen replacement yet!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst service ever! Avoid!!! Waste of money and time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant this evening with 6 other friends ( all of us pregnant), and I had to rush home to write a review! I was shocked by the terrible service and super rude staff.
The waitress who took our order was abrupt, cold and impatient, and very snappy. Our food was practically thrown in front of us. I had to ask 4 times for a plate, and each time I was given an 'attitude'!
The food was ok, but nothing special at all.
To be honest, the service was so bad that it totally put us all off our food.
If you want to be treated like crap for the evening then this is the restaurant for you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrow
“DO NOT GO HERE!! WORST FOOD & EXPERIENCE EVER!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to this place last night after reading the reviews. It was absolutely abysmal. The worst place I have eaten at in probably the last 5 years and I eat out regularly, at least twice a week.

The food was very poor quality. Nothing authentic about it.
The lamb chops was very fatty cuts and had been dipped in ghee (clarified butter) which left a sickly taste in my mouth.
The chicken wings were not even wings... just small offcuts with no taste, just food colouring to make them look appetising.
The naan was big, but very dry and overdone.

We left without eating mains.. it was THAT POOR.

Decor was a big off... I didnt get what they were trying to do. Look contemporary, yet the furniture was all budget stuff they have kind of thrown together. The seating was low, yet the tables were high? Confusing.
Music was awful.. some instrumental tracks in the background that remind me of telephone background music when you are waiting to speak to customer services - annoying!!

I will never be going back and would recommend that you STAY WELL AWAY and look for an alternative if you are looking for an eatery in the area.
Nearby Ilford or the famous restaurants of Whitechapel are far far superior. I would suggest taking a trip out there for some real authentic food.

• Visited April 2013