“Return Grills” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
1,636 helpful votes 1,636 helpful votes
“Return Grills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having ate here at Christmas, we returned in February as we near Green Street and my daughter wanted to try their steaks.

So it was a swift return, my son and I shared a mixed grill and my daughter duly had her steak and enjoyed it.

The mixed grill were enjoyable as before and my wife had a curry dish. The mocktails altghough expensive went down a treat.

Its a nice corner of Green Street for a bite to eat.

Visited February 2013

39% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“what a mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

went there for meal on a busy weekend. depsite telling the waitress that one of our party was allergic to chilli they insisted on bring the same dish to us twice saying that it was only mild spice. AND saying they could wash the meat first. they didn't grasp the concept that allergic means that the product can't pass the lips otherwise a trip to A&E will result. they didn't explain the order properly and when the waiter bought the drinks over, the waiter practically threw the glasses on the table. the staff were very rude and kept coming over to clear our table despite the fact that we were still eating. even though the food did taste ok, the shoddy service completely overshadowed the whole experience. i would definently not recommend this place
also when we phoned to book a table they said it would not be more than a 10 minute wait but when we got there we were told it would be more than half an hour.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“GOOD FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I had visited the Grill Corner, with my work collegues in the evening, must point out very clean. Staff were very friendly. I had ordered chicken steak and chips, very succulent and tasty.

Throughly enjoyed the Chocolate cake and tea for Desert!

It's about time we had a good quality restaurant, keep up the good work!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Leaves a bad taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I, my wife and my 4 yr old son ate at this place. Food took a while to arrive and was fairly average - I'd probably go as far to say bland. Staff were disinterested but did what we asked.

The problem I have with this place happened after I left. 2 weeks after my visit I was in the same area and my (4 year old) son was desperate to go to the toilet. There were no working public toilets anywhere so I popped into the restaurant and asked if my son could use the facilities. I was told it was company policy that only people eating there could use the toilets. The staff, including the manager (who happened to be at the till point at the time) steadfastly refused to change; coming up with some pitiful statements and indeed point blank accusing me of lying about eating there two weeks earlier. We left. Another restaurant about 40 metres down the road were much more helpful even though I'd never been there before. On principal I will never eat at the grill corner again and in fact will actively discourage people from going there. Most people would appreciate how difficult it can be when young kids need the loo. Unfortunately not a single member of staff at this place could understand.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Witham, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was a lovely place to eat, the food was delicious and the service was friendly and efficient. It's great value for money and the menu is varied. Would recommend the milkshakes they are brilliant! Well worth a visit

• Visited January 2013