“Number 1 !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 1,050 Hotels in London
Berlin, Germany
“Number 1 !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed for 5days weeks ago...the hotel was amazing and looked after all our needs. The attention by all the staff was exemplary properly luxurious. It is situated right in the middle of town,you can walk everywhere! The food was excellent and if you wanted to modify the menu this was certainly possible.

I have tried the Cigar Terrace, they have a variety of Cigars from all over the world. We did have a problem with the room size and my wife wasn't impressed! The manager Francesco from reception solved the problem within5minutes, he rang back and showed us as much better room. He is defineteyl a great asset for this hotel . I would like to thank you David from concierge very nice gentleman who helped us a lot.

Definitely to be recommended . My number number 1 hotel in London thank you small Wellesley

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WellesleyGM, General Manager at The Wellesley, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing the Wellesley for your stay in London and for your kind comment.

I am sure Francesco, our assistant Front Office Manager and David, one of our Concierges, will be delighted to read it.

I hope we will see you in the near future.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,

Stefano Lodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Fantastic facility very poorly operated. This hotel completely lacks seriousness in reservations. I reserved a suite and upon arriving was notified that my room was given mistakenly to someone else, I was accommodated in the only room left in the hotel which unfortunately had no A/C and upon complaining was moved to another at 11PM that had A/C but the blower rattled so at 11:30 PM had to return to the original with no A/C to sleep before a transatlantic flight. Certainly not what you expect for $1,200 dollars. When I arrived home and received my credit card statement I was amazed to see that they duplicated my invoice and along the way they added some room service and laundry service charges that did not belong to add insult to injury.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
WellesleyGM, General Manager at The Wellesley, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guillermo,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Wellesley and for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to drop me a note to slodi@thewellesley.co.uk I am more than happy to discuss your experience further.

Hufuf, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I can say that I am a heavy traveler and hold many of hotels memberships. And one of my best destinations that I visit often is UK
So I have stayed in many of the 5 stars hotel @ London,

The end of July 2014 I was lucky to select The Wellesley for my 1 week stay, exactly on the 28 July
I’ve been checked in into the suite 505, below I will write down my comments.

Negative:

1 small elevator only ,that was out of service one of the days
TV wasn’t located in a the perfect please ,(cant view from the bed easily)
No lobby at all , it’s a kind of boutique hotel
My room 505 was in the higher floor, so there was a very annoying voice from the water piping in the ceiling

Positive:

Best ever hotel customer experience
butler service was great, they have unpacked my luggage with a very professional way
Concierge people , Jim , David and the whole team are very helpful
The complimentary chuffer service with the unique Ghost RR is something you can’t find anywhere
Location is excellent, in front of Hayd park, walking distance to all shopping areas
Selective guests only can be found since it’s a 34 room hotel, so you feel it’s like home
Bathroom is amazing with the white marble and Hermes amenities
Door men are very helpful and always at your service
Bar is luxury with a mini cute garden

Anyhow with all the negative points I have Sayed, I still rate this hotel 9.5 out of 10
Therefore I already booked my next stay at the 14th of Aug, even I had found better deals with four seasons, The savoy and other luxury hotels
But I can say that I am currently N love with The Wellesley

Hope my view will help people select their next London stay

Room Tip: 4th floor with Hayd park veiw
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ahmad,

Thank you most kindly for your recent review. My team and I appreciate your positive feedback and use it to continue in delivering an exceptional guest experience. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay enough to make a return visit and I hope The Wellesley will be your home from home in London for years to come.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

...that let my relationship with The Wellesley down.

It is a well-appointed property. The decor, quality of furnishings is fantastic. The service delivered by the concierges, the door person and the driver of the hotel's Royce (who well deserve to be remembered by their names - shame on me - such memorable and impressive service) are absolutely six star, truly outstanding and absolutely perfect. And, I love staying in good quality new(ish) properties - they have that wonderful freshness about them...

So, why not "excellent"? Well, my expectations were high. We booked a junior-suite with a park view. Yes, there is a park, and you can see it perhaps from the hotel's higher floors, not the suite to which we got upgraded (for a fee of course), which overlooked a busy street, with the park trees being just a tree sigh rather than a proper view.

On the last morning, room service breakfast came with seriously off-salmon eggs benedict, which resulted in a prompt visit from the kitchen and sincere apologies, and taking the eggs of the bill. As could be expected. Right. Going beyond the expected would have had the whole breakfast (that is a few pastries and juice) come off the bill. That is what I would do if I wanted my business to be reputed for excellence in service, rather than for its fairness...

There were also a couple of little, perhaps insignificant details that escaped room attendants' attention - a tear in a bathrobe, out of order light console in the bedroom, to mention a couple.

And, a month later I have not received my copy of the invoice - it was to be e-mailed to me... Yes, I could have followed it up again, but should I really have to?

So, go in with no expectations, and if you want a view, ask for a high-up room. You will be pleased with your choice. If you expect excellence, well... experience is relative to expectations...

Room Tip: Generally, there is good noise insulation, but ask for the back rooms if you would like a really qui...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Renia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Wellesley this summer. I appreciate you taking the time to review your visit as my team and I continually use feedback to improve our standards of service and to enhance the guest experience. We’re delighted you enjoyed the surrounding décor and our complimentary Rolls-Royce drop-off service. I do hope you will allow us the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel at a later date.
Best regards….
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place tries too hard...a silly butler was in room when we got there- never quite sure what he was supposed to do. Overly clever room with too may gadgets that did not function properly- including the front door lock. Public areas compact, and cigar filled bar areas. The restaurant served good food but was very claustrophobic. We tried it once and will not be returning.

Room Tip: If it has a balcony/terrace as we had, make sure you are allowed to open the doors!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Wellesley on your recent visit to London. Your feedback is important to my team and I as we continue to strive in offering a high level of service and a luxurious guest experience. I hope you will consider The Wellesley again should you return to London.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The wellesley hotel is one of the best hotel i ever stayed. High level services, helpful staff, great location, luxury car transfer, hyde park infront of you, harrods few steps . I recommend it for sure. Time you will never forget.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WellesleyGM, General Manager at The Wellesley, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Yaser,

thank you for visiting the Wellesley and for writing such a kind review about your stay.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This perfectly located hotel boasts spacious rooms, attentive staff, impeccable cleaning/ turn down service... and above and beyond with the extra effort they went to to recognise that it was our honeymoon. The complimentary fruit in our room and Rolls Royce to use throughout our stay was also a delightful touch! - McBriars

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for visiting us while in London for such a special occasion and thank you for taking some of your precious time to write about your experience.

I am glad that you and your husband had a pleasant experience. The Wellesley team and myself wish you the best of luck.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,

Stefano Lodi

Been to The Wellesley? Share your experiences!