“Stylish Hotel with Charming Staffs” 5 of 5 stars

3 nights for 2
Ranked #59 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Stylish Hotel with Charming Staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at The Wellesley two weeks ago. The hotel is truly beautiful and stylish. We were so impressed with the interior design of the hotel and the suite that we stayed in. I think the bathroom is the best bathroom that I have ever experienced. It was a hot day when were in London that day. I normally prefer having a shower than having a bath. However, that day I decided to have a bath as the bathtub is so beautiful and comfortable. Not everything was perfect. However, what made this hotel special was how the staffs dealt with our complaint. I don’t want to mention what our complaint was about on this website as the complaint was handled professionally by the hotel staffs. The Wellesley has some very charming staffs, from the manager in the Front Office, waitresses at the lounge & restaurant, doormen, chauffer, chambermaid etc. We really enjoyed our lunch at the lounge and also our dinner at the Restaurant. The outdoor lounge was a nice place to unwind in a hot summer day. We are not smokers but we did not really mind the smell of cigar smoke. I personally thought that it somehow added “elegance” to the hotel. The restaurant has a very stylish décor. The 5 courses tasting menu was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed everything. Italian cuisine is my favourite and at The Restaurant, they served really excellent Italian dishes with modern twist, very beautifully presented. We’d love to go back one day to enjoy live show at the Jazz Lounge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WellesleyGM, General Manager at The Wellesley, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comment.

I am very happy that the mistake from our side was immediately rectified, and that overall you had a pleasant stay at the Hotel. I will forward your kind comments to all the departments involved, who I am sure will be thrilled.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,

Stefano Lodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Wellesley should be at the top of every travel website/publication "ten best" list.

Our family of four enjoyed a suite and a two queen double that had a private hallway between them with the added security of an additional outside door. Yes, the appointments, the view, the decor, the amenities are first-class -but the real luxury was the privacy, space and security. No smoky smell and no sound from the nightlife below. (But I enjoy the smell of a good cigar anyway.) The fresh fruit and truffles were a gracious touch. What is so unusual is every staff member is thoughtful - smart, professional, committed to excellence - and so insightful. Richard, the concierge, read our stressed out look perfectly when we checked in and sent us to the nearby Burger and Lobster - fast, delicious, luxurious - and two minutes away, thanks to the Rolls. From that point on, we didn't make a move without having his recommendations first. And Keith's easygoing approach and knowledge he shared as he drove made us wish he could have been our tour guide throughout our vacation. Butlers and housekeeping were discreet, but always available to help.There is real hospitality here - from the endless free movie selection to the cookies accompanying the pot of coffee.
Plus, only a minute walk from high-end shopping or a stroll through the park, steps from the Tube...
Our June stay at the Wellesley is our new standard - if our family has a less than stellar experience, we give a knowing smile and say,"Well, it's definitely NOT the Wellesley…"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WellesleyGM, General Manager at The Wellesley, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for this fantastic review. I am sure Richard and Keith will be thrilled to read it, as this is what we strive to achieve at The Wellesley: service anticipation and excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Found this hotel almost by accident on Hotel.com - all our usual haunts during what turned out to be 2nd week of Wimbledon were either full or ridiculously priced. Not sure what the rack rate is at The Wellesley but we were very happy with what we got a short notice. Room was relatively small but beautifully appointed with decent size bathroom. ALL of the staff were excellent from the moment we got out of the taxi and the ride to the station in the hotel RR was an added benefit. I could not recommend this hotel more if i tried. Excellent job all round.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Wellesley for your stay in London, and thank you for writing such a tremendous review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your opinion with all the members of our team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at The Wellesley for 3 nights in late July.I noticed that by having around 30 rooms they make sure you get a unique experience. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The service is top-notch and they have a complimentary Rolls Royce for guest use.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments about your stay at The Wellesley.

I am glad you liked our complimentary courtesy car. I too believe it is a nice addition to our guests' experience.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to stay in London with easy access to all of the sites. From the moment we walked into the hotel the staff couldn't have been nicer. There seemed to be some confusion regarding our room as I had clearly stated that we needed an additional bed in our room to accommodate our daughter and we had been booked into a room which was too small for such an arrangement but that was quickly remedied. As the new room was then not ready for us because they needed to add the bed we decided to go sightseeing and were quickly offered a ride to the Churchill War Rooms in the hotel's Rolls. While I had seen references to the use of the car on the hotel website, I had expected that to be one of the amenities you frequently see offered that you never actually get so I was surprised to find that the Rolls was available to take us to dinner nearly every night. The staff was also very helpful in helping us find the quiet neighborhood pubs which were well hidden down tiny alleys. The room was very nice and butler service was available, although we never took advantage of it. The hotel was well price for the location and I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted we were able to recover immediately from our initial misunderstanding about your room category.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Wellesley.

Yours sincerely,

Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at the hotel and we were glad we made the change from our usual haunts. As it is a smaller hotel it has a real boutique feel and the staff are excellent. We made use of the rolls which was a lovely change from the usual black cab journey to our restaurant. All in all a great stay and we will certainly be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

An opulent tribute to the era of Art Deco.Immaculate property staffed by attentive,professional and genuine staff.Luxury and comfort are staples here and no expense has been spared.
Special thanks go to Head Concierge ¨Big¨Jim Cameron and to Keith the chauffeur of the Wellesley Rolls Royce Phantom for their intuitive service and understanding.Thanks also to the lovely Jessica,Sophia and Gemma in the bar and Patricia for making breakfast so enjoyable.
The Wellesley was recommended to me by a friend,as a devotee of the Ritz for many years I am now torn.My next stay in London will be at The Wellesley.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Wellesley? Share your experiences!