“Stratford branch” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Buddha Bar London

Buddha Bar London
145 Knighsbridge, London SW1X 7PA, England (Knightsbridge)
44 20 3667 5222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddha Bar London is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,952 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Bringing unparalleled glamour and opulence to Knightsbridge, Buddha-Bar Restaurant London is a member of the world-famous fleet of Buddha-Bars. A hive of exotic wonder, guests can sample innovative cocktail mixes, fine wines and luxurious pan-Asian flavors in a setting filled with sensual lighting, authentic artifacts and elaborate Indian prints. A jaw-dropping destination, Buddha-Bar Restaurant promises to be one of London's most sought-after destinations.
London, United Kingdom
“Stratford branch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was disappointed 3 times by The Chicago Rib Shack in Westfield, Stratford. Rib were dry, same for the chicken wings. I was hoping for juicy BBQ ribs but that's not what I got. My boyfriend thought the food was fine but that's because he's never tasted proper ribs in his life.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“If your expecting the old buddha bar forget it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The previous Buddha Bar on the embankment was one of my favourite restaurants for, food, ambience and the WOW factor.
Every new person I took there, once they saw the giant buddha looking over the atmospheric restaurant went "WOW"

Unfortunately the new Buddha Bar in Knightsbridge falls flat. No atmosphere, dull menu, half the size of the old cocktail list and most definetly no wow factor. Not even a " this doesn't look bad " factor.

So if your going as I did to hopefully rekindle your visits to the previous London buddha bar, don't!!! You'll be extremely disappointed. All my friends were waiting for my visit, so hopefully I'd be telling them how great it is and saying you must go.
Shame I really really wanted to like it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
london
“Interesting Deco, great service but food may need improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was quite surprised that a bar / restaurant at this size existed in the city and it was a really interesting place... I would say the food is slightly oriental in flavor while close to Japanese cuisine... The food portion is pretty small compared to its price but the presentation is a fest to the eyes. I personally found some of the dishes a bit plain given my oriental background but thought its slightly overpriced for the type of the food that's serving (guess its to do with the deco & location).

The spicy tuna tartare was fresh and tasty but I would not really call it spicy as it tastes pretty much like a tuna tartare instead of the 'spicy' tuna. The green papaya salad was great although the sauce is not quite there in the actual papaya so remember to dress the salad with the sauce at the bottom of the bowl but it is refreshing and something new to try if one has not had it before.

The shrimp tempura is tasty and well made so certainly will recommend it. Sashimi is pretty fresh although I think the carrots & the radish on the side tasty a bit dehydrated... The asperagus and the nasu (aubergine) is very tasty and I would recommend highly if you like a bit fresh sauce (ie: the small mandarin used in Asia cooking).

The black cod is tasty but make sure that you have put the sauce on top. The steam rice is pretty hard for my standard so not sure if it is a good choice. The spicy lam rack again was not marinated to be spicy nor is it tasty enough for me to recommend highly... but the texture of the lamb is superb as it really tastes fresh.

The chocolate with seasame & vanilla ice cream was somewhat a strange taste for me (I would not personally order it next time). But I would definitely recommend the mango pearl (actually it is mango sauce with Sago that makes the pearl) - refreshing and pretty to look at if you like the fruity flavor in your dessert.

The waiter for the evening was really helpful and enthusiastic. Bless him as he nearly tip the sauce that my friend put on his plate to his suit so we had to dig out our own tissue to control the damage...

One thing that I absolutely hates is that seat that we was allocated to was really tiny - I was back to back with the lady at next table (so will not recommend for less than 3/4 people as your seat & table is really uncomfortable). Super uncomfortable for a pricy restaurant. My friend was sitting right next to the entrance to an archway that lead to a bigger table. I am not sure the table and the space warranted the price that we paid for our meal though as it was averaging around £10- £20 per starter, around £10 per dessert and above £15 per slightly bigger sized plated (while the food was really like palm size for main).

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Bad service and small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We recently visited on a girls weekend and was extremely disappointed by the service and the food. The set meal is £55 per head and although very tasty the portions are ver small. None of the staff really spoke English and even ordering a glass of red wine was a trial. Deserts were interesting.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
vilnius
“Wonderfull winter escape in the center of busy London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am fan of Buddha bars and try visit them wherever I am. This fall just found out that Buddha-bar is going to be opened in London from Novomber 1st 2012. That was perfect news - I decided to have my birthday celebrated there, so we made a reservation in October (before official opening) and went there at the end of November. The staff and food are excellent - service is prime class (not too pusshy but just right). What surprised me - the prices - for Knighstbridge, really wery affrodable.

Great location, great food and service. May be dress code in the evening can be introduced, I think

• Visited November 2012