“A truly amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

150 Piccadilly, London W1J 9BR, England
020 7493 8181
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ritz Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 17,143 restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in a landmark position on Piccadilly in the heart of London's West End, the magnificent Ritz Restaurant leaves an indelible impression on all who dine there, making it one of the world's most desirable places to dine. Reflecting a new pride in classic French cuisine made with British produce, the kitchen uses only ingredients that are the finest and freshest available. As you would expect of The Ritz, the service is exemplary. On Saturday nights, The Ritz holds 'Live at The Ritz' - a glamorous dinner dance with a 4-piece live band and a dance floor. Enjoy a delicious four course meal of classic culinary delights prepared with contemporary influences, and then dance the night away. The dress code of The Ritz reflects the ambience and style of the different areas of the hotel. In The Ritz Restaurant and The Palm Court, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie, with the exception of breakfast; jeans and sportswear are not permitted. Smart casual attire is requested for The Rivoli Bar and The Long Gallery. Please note that sports shoes are not permitted in The Ritz Restaurant, The Rivoli Bar or The Palm Court at any time.
London, United Kingdom
“A truly amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 NEW

What an amazing meal!!! my girlfriend surprised me on my 21st birthday by taking me for dinner at the ritz. the whole experience was breath taking from the grand dinning room too the lobby. I had never felt so special in my life, i felt as if i was being waited on hand and foot with the staff meeting my every wish. the food was amazing for starters i had a foie gras terrine with black cherries which was incredibly rich and delicious, to follow we had the beef wellington which took my breath away (hands down one of the best things i have ever eaten in my entire life), for dessert we had crepe Suzette which was flambeed at the table which was a great end to a fabulous meal.

90% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Warwickshire
“Just what you would expect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 NEW

We were bought Sunday Lunch at The Ritz for a wedding present. It was easy to book and we arrived a little early but that was fine. The Dining room was not full and we had a lovely table, there again they all are. We savored the moment and we were offered a glass of champagne - as it was a special occasion - £23 a glass. You do not have to buy it. The service was excellent we had canapes, a choice of starters, main we both had traditional roast beef dinner and dessert include in the gift. The wine list was like War and Peace! The dearest bottle of red was £11,000, we chose a Rioja at £63 and subsequently found it cost about £10 a bottle! Oh well it is The Ritz!
Still water was £6 a bottle! Anyway it was a 'one off' We added coffee (£7) for a whole pot and Tea (37) for whole pot served with petite fours! We had a fantastic time and really enjoyed it.
I have also had Tea at The Ritz which is lower budget - I recommend that too.
Go on treat yourself! Parking in The Hilton Park Lane cost £14 for 4 hours through JustPark. A ten minute walk away or Green Park underground.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 NEW

Dined on 14/08/14. Absolutely brilliant. Service was speedy and staff very courteous. Impressed! Fodd was excellent also.

“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 NEW

Fantastic dinner, great silver service, food was amazing but could be bigger, bar area very relaxed with great choice of cocktails.

Stourport on Severn
“Must be so close to gaining a Michelin star!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 NEW

Saw a bargain meal deal for 2 on Amazon local for the Ritz, which was 3 courses, including a glass of champagne and service charge for £96.

We were looking for an early pre-theatre dinner one Friday evening, so this was a perfect treat to add to our London weekend get-away.

We were booked in for 5.30pm, and when we arrived at the entrance to the restaurant, we could see that they clearly weren't quite ready for service, as some of the staff were frantically hoovering and cleaning inside. We were asked to wait near the bar area, and we sauntered around the fantastic bar/hallway area for a while taking in the atmosphere. However, 15 minutes went by, and by that time there was quite a group of diners building up outside the restaurant, and eventually at 5.50pm we were allowed into the restaurant. By this time my mother was a bit agitated, as we had a show to go to later, and she was worried we may not make it in time. This is the reason I've only given 4 stars, it would be 5 based on the food and service alone.

We were seated at a pristine table in the very ornate dining room, and from then on the service was fantastic.

We had 3 starters, mains and deserts to choose from, and I ordered the mackerel starter, my mother had the salmon, we both had a brill main course, and one chocolate soufflé and one rhubarb plate for desert. All courses were exquisitely presented, perfectly cooked and tasted divine. I've eaten at a few Michelin restaurants, and the food was honestly as good as any of them.

My mother particularly loved what we now call 'the voila moment', which happened when our main courses were brought over (one waiter each) on a platter covered with a silver cloche, and the platters were placed on the table in front of us, and each waiter whipped the cloche off in perfect unison with each other, and said 'voila!'

We ordered a large bottle of water, one coffee and one large rose wine as extras (which came to twenty something pounds), and my mother was so impressed by the end of the meal that she left a £20 tip, even though service had been included in the meal, and she'd started the evening feeling irritated by the cleaning delay.

Exclusive experience not to be missed, excellent value for money!

• Visited April 2014