“Excellent Peruvian Food in Picadilly” 4 of 5 stars

+44 20 7042 7118
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,128 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: London's first Peruvian restaurant, bar and private Members club. Coya Restaurant and Bar brings the spirit of Latin America to the heart of London. With a modern Peruvian restaurant at the centre of Coya's culture, chefs will entertain as food is prepared in one of three open kitchens, the Ceviche Bar (raw bar), La Parrilla (open charcoal grill) and the Cocina Central (central kitchen). An extensive Pisco Bar specializing in bespoke pisco infusions, specialist tequilas and rum, sits adjacent to the main dining room, where the sights and sounds of Coya come together to fill the senses with the essence of Latin American culture.
London
“Excellent Peruvian Food in Picadilly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been to Coya twice now and will definitely go again. Luckily the first time I checked the website and found, rather as I had expected, that they have a set lunch. When you go there you don't get the set lunch menu unless you ask for it, so if like me you're on a girls' lunch and don't want to pay the fortune from the a la carte then make sure they bring you this as well.

The food is great, the set lunch offers you two choices off three courses (for two) plus dessert so if you're happy to share you can get to taste six dishes. I like the fact that the courses are staggered rather than divided strictly into courses as this isn't a traditional meal. I notice some don't. The Ceviche is wonderful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After hearing so many rave reviews I was excited to be checking out the restaurant with my fiance and some friends. We walked downstairs where the dark decor really enhances the bar area. There was a good buzz and I almost even hoped our table wasn't ready to have time to grab a drink. The table was ready and here is where we can to the biggest road bump of the night... It was right next to the open grills. Sitting at the table we instantly asked to move knowing if we sat at the table all night the smell of the smoke would be consuming After a couple minutes they did move us so I expect its a problem they must prepare for. Once we sat at our new table the waitstaff was friendly and helped us with the ordering. We found the food delicious. The corn salad was to die for! Next time I will order one just for myself. I thought the ceviches were the main culinary highlight and for a fun weekend night I would definitely go back. Next time when I call to reserve I'll make sure to ask for as far away from the grills as possible.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not sure it quite lives up to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have mixed feelings about Coya. Really want to love it and feel I should almost go back to see if my feelings change.
On the plus points - great room, great buzz and amazing pisco sours ( truly delicious). Seabass ceviche was delicious as was the fillet steak and the massive tiger prawns were impressive. Recommend the mushroom side dish too.

Cons - Expensive. I eat out a lot in London and I get this is an expensive part of London but I was really surprised by the cost. Their sweetcorn ice cream dessert was bland I thought. Another downer was being given the bill when we were still eating dessert...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bremen, Germany
“Very good pisco sour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, delicious pisco sour, polite and very helpful staff. Not cheap but the setting and quality of food make up for it.

London, United Kingdom
“the best restaurant in London right now to me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been in a few places in London but this place have it all. Nice atmosphere, service, vibe and great food. amazing food i would say. Service is a bit rush i might say, they should give more space between dishes to taste the food properly but otherwise everything went perfect. I loved the pisco souers drinks, only a problem about them... you can get very drunk really quickly with them :-).

• 5 of 5 stars Food