“A must for all steak fans!” 5 of 5 stars

0207 734 2608
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MASH Brewerstreet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #807 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: WELCOME TO MASH LONDON MASH is located in the lower ground floors of the former Regent Palace Hotel which dates back to 1915, it was the largest hotel in Europe at that time.Upon arrival you will be greeted by a very MODERN AMERICAN STEAK HOUSE design of restaurant, bringing the venue into modern day times.Glide down the magnificent suspended staircase which is draped in luxurious red carpet, where our reception team will greet you and effortlessly guide you through the art deco venue. We welcome you to the MASH adventure. Our Private Dining Room Accommodates a maximum of 18 people , Our Semi Private Dining room Accommodates a maximum of 24 people Total restaurant seating area: 350 Total restaurant area: 450 for a standing reception For inquiries, Please contact our reservations and events department for further information between9 am and 6 pm – Mon-Friday
London
“A must for all steak fans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had heard good things about Mash so wanted to try it ourselves. We went early on a Friday evening, started with a very nice cocktail and then moved to our table. Our waitress took us over to the meat displays which divide the restaurant from the bar where she explained each piece of meat and how it is best cooked which was extremely helpful and very informative. We made our choices and knowing the sizes of the meat we had just ordered (American Ribeye and a bone-in T-Bone) we missed the starters, but they all sounded very nice which included fresh oysters, scallops and other tasty morsels to get your taste buds going!
When the meat arrived it certainly did not disappoint. I asked for a medium cooked Ribeye and as I sliced into it, all I can say it was proably the best steak I have had in a very long time. My knife just glided through it with no resistance, moist, tender and extremely tasty.
My Husbands was the same, served perfectly. We both went for chips and I also ordered the creamed spinach, which to be honest I couldn’t finish as the steak didn’t need any accompaniment. We ordered a lovely bottle of Pinot Noir which went very well with the dinner.
We had no room for dessert even though they sounded amazing, so went for coffees instead.
The bill came to £190 which for the quality and service was extremely good value. You cannot budget in a place like Mash as you will not get the full benefit of the food.
In addition, the decor of the actual restaurant was very impressive. Art deco theme’s with beautiful veneers and scalloped mirrors throughout the venue and I can imagine this restaurant will be a great place to go in the winter, very cosy but spacious all at the same time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Mash L, Guest Relations Manager at MASH Brewerstreet, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us an especially pleased you found the time to post a review of your experience.

wales
“Amazing! But not a cheap night....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! It looks unassuming on arrival but as you head downstairs the place just opens up and is beautiful! The have restored it really well and the decor is lovely. The bar service was really good with beautiful cocktails. Our waiter was really knowledgable about the steaks and gave us really good advice. All the steaks and sides are ordered separately which allows you to choose exactly what you want with your steak but does drive the price up considerably. However it really was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten and the fries were to die for!! If you want a good steak and are happy to pay a little bit more then this is THE PLACE to go!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your honest review. Quality does not come cheap and we only serve the best possible steak.
London, United Kingdom
“Posh Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here for dinner last night. I found the numerous reception desks a little unnecessary but the decor was modern and almost mysterious; being greeted with hanging meat was a delight for a carnivore like me and I couldn't wait to order.

We started with the garlic snails and foie gras terrine, both of which were delicious. Especially the foie gras - absolutely perfect. They have the loveliest table bread with rock salt on the outside but the toasted bread that came with the foie gras was a little cold and hard for my liking. Still delicious though.

The staff were excellent, explaining the differences between the various beef steaks we could have and how they were best prepared. Both were cooked to absolute perfection, as were the sides. I'd recommend getting chips to share rather than your own portion each.

Although stuffed, I managed to wolf down some strawberry sorbet and coconut ice cream for dessert. That too, was worth returning for but there other desserts, such as the deconstructed chocolate cake that I can't wait to try next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted you enjoyed yourselves so munch and look forward to welcoming you back to MASH again very soon.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“One of London's best Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited MASH this week with a colleague as my previous visit was impressive.
Our greeting was warm and our waiter was engaging, knowledgable and made the experience excellent.
We both had the Danish Rib-Eye Steak which is superior to the USDA offered, as its richer is flavour and seems to be more tender.
All the side order were delicately prepared and arrived promptly
We choose a stunning bottle of Shiraz and enjoyed it.

My only criticism would be the prices, it really is expensive for a steakhouse on a weeknight but does offer more of a unique warmth and honesty than the overpriced and increasingly pretentious Gaucho or the inconsistent Hawksmoor
Well done guys, see you again soon

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for finding the time to post your review. Thank you too for voting us one of London's best. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went some time ago and really enjoyed the experience, I loved the understated ambience and the food was really delicious (not a cheap meal!). I'd gladly return one day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so pleased to like MASH. Thank you for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.