“Appalling” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The City Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The City Suites
You added The City Suites to your Saves list
Block A, 1 Indescon Square, London E14 9DQ, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Ranked #515 of 663 Specialty Lodging in London
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Impossible to find, not a great area and didn't feel safe, these feel like residential apartments, no tv in the bedroom, £25 per night to park, bed right next to the front door so kept awake all night by people using the lift, wasn't aware of parking fee so was called one evening asking for credit card details, I ask for an invoice to be sent and even after several calls still not received it. I will never stay in this residential block of flats again and the company do not understand the meaning of customer service. Avoid at all costs I would have preferred to stay at a travel lodge!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have proof of all to anyone who wants it. I initially rented one apartment in London at Block A, 1 Indescon Square, Canary Wharf, Greater London, E14 9DQ, England (the address they advertise on the internet), but when I got there, there was no one waiting and after 30 minutes waiting in the cold outside of the building Mr. Cromwell showed up and brought me to a totally different location, no high class at ALL as they advertise, so I didn't want stay. Scary place!!
I called Mr. Siroosh, the company manager and owner, right the way and asked what was going on and he told me that the address they advertise on their internet is only a reference location. That the correct address is where I was. The place was very scary and I didn't want even to go in. I stayed outside on the sidewalk the entire time. I asked for refund of the £625,00 I've paid 10 days in advance, which Mr. Siroosh agreed to it and I have Mr. Cromwell, the London Agent, as witness of my conversation with Mr. Siroosh since I had the phone on speaker.
It was 8pm, really cold night and I had no place to stay and no money.
It's been 20 working days and so far no money. I had to open an Banking account in London otherwise they wouldn't refund me and till today, no money has been deposit into my Barclays account.
Looks like they do this to a lot of people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am very unhappy with my experince. My mother, a friend and I went down to London from Scotland to stay at this block of appartments and when we arrived my mother reicived a phone call an hour before checking in saying that our booking had to be cancelled. This was all we were told and my step father who was in Scotland had to find out what was happening. He was then told that the room had been trashed the night before and was unable to stay in. After a day of travelling this was the last thing we had wanted. We had absouletly no where to go and their company did not seem to care and we only had a limited amount of time to find a new room for that night. They had not even made effort to find us a new room in the same area to the same standards so we had to then fork out over £500 to get a room somewhere else. I myself and my friend are 17 and 18 and my mother were stranded. I would expect that they would like to keep a high standard of customer service and would try their best to fix it. After complaining, my mother was then offered a complimentary night in their Glasgow resort for only a week day which has to be taken before the end of March. As herself and my step father both work full time they are unable and told the company, their respond was that the "best they could do" was offer a Sunday or a "discount" for a Saturday night. I was shocked by this as they think we would be willing to pay to stay in their accommodation. I will be telling everyone I know about this terrible, shocking service and will never be booking with them again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The City Suites? Share your experiences!